Why become a member? ×

5 minutes ago, Cato said:

I've never really listened to Yusuf Islam/Cat Stevens but I'm quite enjoying his set.

Perfect for a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Great set and he has some songs! Check them out! Oh and the bass player has a nice custom Warmouth bass!

• Like 1

Debs is doing ok. Much better than some other footage I've seen recently. She's always been a bit wobbly but she can get away with it to a point I think 

The band is killing it on Rapture 

Edited by Mudpup
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mudpup said:

I enjoyed Maneskin. They really got the whole crowd going. A bit samey but fun to watch. And Victoria is a solid bass player.

I didn't realise they were on, I've listened to a fair bit of their stuff since I first heard 'I Wanna be Your Slave' on the radio and generally been quite impressed.

The live stuff I've seen online has been pretty good too, I'll see if I can find their Glasto set later.

Grabbed bits and pieces on the tele.

Lots of enthusiastic performances and responsive audiences. 
Enjoying Clem Burke currently, great drummer.

As an aside, every year I ask myself “what’s with all the huge flags blocking peoples view?” Is it so their carers can find them? Bizarre. 
Anyway back to Glen Matlock and his lovely hair. 

• Like 1

I thought GnR weren't too bad. It took Axl a while to get his voice warmed up and it started to go again near the end. Rick Astley was great doing the Smiths stuff with Blossoms. If only they had dragged Johnny Marr over to join in. Pretenders sounded fantastic. Did anyone else see the Touareg desert blues band that played? Weird and brilliant.

• Like 1

Can I just put things in to perspective a little. 

Some of these artists were at the top of their game 40/50 plus years ago.

Around that time I could change the clutch on an MGB in four hours allowing time for a chat with work colleagues, bacon sandwich break and a ten minute scive.

These days I couldn’t even attempt it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, tonybassplayer said:

Can I just put things in to perspective a little. 

Some of these artists were at the top of their game 40/50 plus years ago.

Around that time I could change the clutch on an MGB in four hours allowing time for a chat with work colleagues, bacon sandwich break and a ten minute scive.

These days I couldn’t even attempt it. 

So what have we learnt from that, don't attempt something if you can't reasonably expect to achieve it? Hhmm.

• Like 1

I'm currently watching Editors on iPlayer. I've seen them a couple if times in recent years and they are great live. There's nothing wrong with the mix, but there never is with Editors.  I'm not sure the new material is working live and I'm still sceptical over Blanck Mass' work on the production side. But that's a very minor niggle to be honest, still a great performance 

Edited by Marvin