Why become a member? ×

It doesn't have to say Fender on the headstock...

jd56hawk

...it doesn't even have to say Squier.

Haven't played this one in over a year.
Only P bass I own.
Stored away with some other gear...I have eight other basses...I took it for a spin yesterday and it was like driving a classic car, no nonsense, it simply gets the job done.
Passive, pure and potent.

It won't be going back in its case for quite some time!

Picsart_23-06-15_15-10-02-192.jpg

Edited by jd56hawk
  • Like 3

• jd56hawk changed the title to It doesn't have to say Fender on the headstock...
6 hours ago, Rayman said:

Yours is the nicest looking one amongst those, in my opinion. What sort of price is he asking for one of his creations?

Thank you.

$1,300-$1,700 depending on the bass and features.

Mine originally sold for $975 six years ago, but I didn't buy it. Then, I saw it on Reverb in October 2019 for $500 and I jumped on it.

I was interested in the gold Jazz too...same price back in 2017.

Edited by jd56hawk

That is pretty expensive for basses that look like they've been assembled from not very expensive parts. I mean, my eyes have to deceive me or that red Jazz is a Sire body and a Squier Standard neck. It might be the angle of the photo but the aligning on the silver MM Jazz just looks...off.

Edited by BassAgent
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, BassAgent said:

That is pretty expensive for basses that look like they've been assembled from not very expensive parts. I mean, my eyes have to deceive me or that red Jazz is a Sire body and a Squier Standard neck. It might be the angle of the photo but the aligning on the silver MM Jazz just looks...off.

I haven't played any of his other baases, but his shop is only 45 minutes to an hour away.

I'm glad I bought a good one.

• Like 1

On 17/06/2023 at 15:38, BassAgent said:

This is the guy who purchased a Squier made in China for $600 - secondhand. 

• Confused 1

On 16/06/2023 at 18:44, Waddo Soqable said:

Is it an SX with the hooky headstock? 

Not an SX, slightly differen't shape. Definitely seen it before just can't remember where.

That red Jazz is definitely a Sire body though. This is basically the sort of thing MDP would be turning out if he could control himself around a chisel.

Edited by lemmywinks
  • Like 1

I have this fella, an early/mid 70s Antoria precision.  Really good bass, great quality.  Fijigen, I believe.  Not masses different to my JV Squier, pictured to the left, which continues to be my benchmark bass.  If anything I find the neck a bit more comfy, in fact, as it is a tad slimmer and deeper.

IMG_20210221_103257.thumb.jpg.9f70a289f99042a76292c92783c642e3.jpg

Sounds immense, very aggressive 70s P bass tone.  Had a look at the serial number on the pickups to try to pin down the date and discoverted that it was, in fact, a 1975 Fender pickup that someone had put in there at some point.  That'll explain the tone then!  On its own it's worth more than I paid for the bass :)  Someone had changed the pickguard to an all black - I've since swapped the screws for black ones.  The original tuners were a bit grindy so I stuck in the drop in Gotohs.  

IMG_20210221_103318.thumb.jpg.ffe72d0e9cfc7fd9ef7dde1f522923cc.jpgIMG_20210221_103323.thumb.jpg.734338c1e3910eccb565a64e7d138583.jpg

• Like 4