Why become a member? ×

Bassist assaulted mid-gig by singer in Manchester

EJWW

It's a really, really good small venue in the city centre...and yes, it's in the old Deaf Institute* building...

* Actually kinda worse than that: it's in the Adult Deaf & Dumb Institute building...

Edited by Muzz
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Beedster said:

I assumed when i read it that they we early 20s but at 37, well.............. 🤔

Some of us are late developers.  I'm in my forties and just waiting for the right opportunity to present itself :lol:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

Im pretty sure it has already!

Aye, in general terms you must be right.
I was only thinking of our bass playing friend Mick Mason (who has a whole thread dedicated to him and his many years of scamming people), as several BassChatters have predicted that somebody at some point will give him his comeuppance  -  -  not that they condone it.

• Thanks 1

On 12/05/2023 at 14:48, Tokalo said:

Not wishing to be facetious, but can I take it The Deaf Institute is a genuine venue??

I live nearby and it's usually got a fair crowd, so seems like a decently good venue with a lot of live music on.

On 13/05/2023 at 20:50, greavesbass said:

Wonderfully staged free publicity the stuff you simply cannot buy...It went everywhere, Beeb, ITV, SKY, viral on steroids. 

Having known crew and promoters who have worked with The View I remain unconvinced they'd ever be together enough to be able to pull off staged promo... They did well back in the 2000s but unfortunately have form for last minute and mid-show cancellations. A number one record only gets you so much latitude before even the label are sick of you.

On a side note I'd be terrified of scrapping on the stage at Deafies. Feels about ten foot up in the air with no handrail when you're up there at best of times.