Why become a member? ×

Are You satisfied for 100% ?

nilorius

My Vigier Passion II could have a twin sister with 5-strings, and a graphite neck with 19 mm string spacing, but because two out of these three specs are already non-existent, I can only dream of such a bass.

(No 5-string graphite neck, no wide neck 5-strings.)

• Like 2

Well given that on my 2015 Fender US Standard Precision (black/maple) I’ve changed the E tuner to a Hipshot Extender, added a Stealth Retainer to the A tuner and changed the white pickguard to black I suppose it could be said I wasn’t 100% satisfied, but I am now. 

• Like 1

No, or I wouldn't be able to justify having more than one bass. 😃

I would say that I am 100% satisfied with my no.1 rock bass (Sterling HH) for playing modern rock/pop, and 100% satisfied with my no. 1 'bass for all seasons' (P Bass) for being able to cope with a varied diet when I dep with a band whose setlist varies randomly, often between songs.  

Nah, there's always something that can change - most of all yourself.  A bass I was 100% satisfied with 10 years ago will probably not suit me quite so well now because tastes change, and hopefully I've developed a little as a bass player in that time also!

Edited by neepheid
  • Like 1

I'm more satisfied with my current bass.. yamaha bb734.. than I've been with any other over the past 4 or 5 years.  I think the p/j config suits me. I played a fender pj for most of my playing life but got rid and have since been going through basses like hot dinners! 

Playing wise and sound wise it's awesome. I'm not massively in love with the matt black finish.. but that's not enough to move it on. 

2 minutes ago, miles'tone said:

A '65 P bass.

I've posted pics a couple of times before and you commented that you liked the roadworn look I believe. 

I'll spare spamming everyone again because I don't want to be 'that guy'. 

My Precision is a year younger, and I am equally happy with mine. Age means it is not in 100% condition but I am 100% satisfied with it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, miles'tone said:

A '65 P bass.

I've posted pics a couple of times before and you commented that you liked the roadworn look I believe. 

I'll spare spamming everyone again because I don't want to be 'that guy'. 

Yes, i like roadworn look much, it gives each instrument it's own past journey.

• Like 1

I don't think I have a fixed number 1 bass.

I'm pretty happy with each of them individually, they all do what they're supposed to, the jazzes sound like jazzes the P soumds like a P. I rotate through my modest collection as the mood takes me.

That's why everyone needs more than 1 bass.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cato said:

I don't think I have a fixed number 1 bass.

I'm pretty happy with each of them individually, they all do what they're supposed to, the jazzes sound like jazzes the P soumds like a P. I rotate through my modest collection as the mood takes me.

That's why everyone needs more than 1 bass.

Exactly !

• Like 1

I'm down to just a Sterling By Music Man StingRay Ray4HH Bass Candy Apple Red and a Cort GB64JJ in natural finish. Other than a bit of bridge adjustment to cut out a bit of fret buzz past the 15th fret viz the Ray, I'm 100% happy with what I've got. If I was minted I might go for US-made StingRay and a Fender Jazz of some vintage but as I'm now just a hobbyist I can't justify shelling out the wonga on those.

• Like 1