Why become a member? ×

Bugera Bargain at G4M

stewblack

28 minutes ago, Sparky Mark said:

Hey Russ, recognise the TA503 that you sold me 10 years ago?

That's not in the basschat spirit to keep an amp for that long!!! 

That TA503 was actually my very first foray into MarkBass amps, I remember it being a great little amp, it's what made me get the SD1200!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, paul_5 said:

I think the MOSFET version just inches it, what with the new 'Video Plus' feature ;).

Very tempted to grab one of these at this price!  

Do you have any thoughts please on their claim of “High-voltage MOSFET preamplifier provides the sound and feel of an authentic tube amp”?

Can you get a nice vintage / warm sound from the MOSFET version?

14 minutes ago, MungoBass said:

Very tempted to grab one of these at this price!  

Do you have any thoughts please on their claim of “High-voltage MOSFET preamplifier provides the sound and feel of an authentic tube amp”?

Can you get a nice vintage / warm sound from the MOSFET version?

Yes, MOSFETs are behaviourally  as close to a tube as you’ll get with needing 300volts to a plate.

How it sounds is just a question of taste.

• Thanks 1

Christ that a bargain not sure if I could afford the road crew though 55KG

Tempted by these but can't find any comment or review anywhere

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/laney-dbv212-4-digbeth-4-ohm-bass-cab?gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=CjwKCAiAs8acBhA1EiwAgRFdwy_r9MNQejCinuUwR-qD4JOoNuQx55SuWEOs1ZlwABCQ8p0MjkdOcRoC8ogQAvD_BwE

5 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

I don't need another amp, I don't need another amp, I don't need another amp.... I must resist....

20220308_233403.thumb.jpg.0302d8286d72983499fd14b2fc8ec000.jpg

Hey Russ, recognise the TA503 that you sold me 10 years ago?

Think of it like this, the MBs are your HiVis everyday workwear but the Bugera is your sparkly Xmas Party frock,

• Like 2

Mine has finally arrived and I’ve had a 15 minute play to compare it with my tube version. The front end at first seemed more intuitive than the T with just a gain knob rather than gain and volume. Having said that the gain didn’t seem to affect where the clip light comes on (short of pressing the pad button) and it didn’t seem to make a huge difference to the tone, although I do need to spend more time with it. 

I can coax a load more top and high mid out of this than I can the T and it reminds me a bit of an old Trace SM 300 I used to gig with - which means I’m liking it lots and will probably use it in preference to the T.

As others have reported, I have the scratchy volume pot, as I did on the T. I lived with it on the T but it started to get worse until recently when I think it was affecting the actual volume. I took the top off and gave the inside of the pot some servisol which seems to have cured it so will do the same to the new one when I have a moment,

I’ll try and report back with further findings after Saturday’s gig.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AScheck9 said:

...aaaand purchased.

Can people please not post bargains just before Christmas? I just can't afford to keep buying things people post on here. 

No. Sorry. This is the wrong place for that kind of help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, King Tut said:

The front end at first seemed more intuitive than the T with just a gain knob rather than gain and volume. Having said that the gain didn’t seem to affect where the clip light comes on (short of pressing the pad button) and it didn’t seem to make a huge difference to the tone, although I do need to spend more time with it. 

I can coax a load more top and high mid out of this than I can the T and it reminds me a bit of an old Trace SM 300 I used to gig with - which means I’m liking it lots and will probably use it in preference to the T.

This is exactly my experience.

• Like 1

I don't want one, as I am happy with my amp and I also have a spare TC450. And a BAM200. So I dont need one.

So mine is due next week, because I am a deeply weak and flawed individual and am holding stewblack entirely responsible.

The 180 day money back thing seemed a no brainer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, Woodinblack said:

I don't want one, as I am happy with my amp and I also have a spare TC450. And a BAM200. So I dont need one.

So mine is due next week, because I am a deeply weak and flawed individual and am holding stewblack entirely responsible.

Ah, lovely. It's so nice to return the favour. 

I came here when GAS was starting to bite after a long time free from it.

The good people here were literally no help whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

I already have one and decided I needed an ELF or a BAM just in case, My Bugera has just arrived. 

On a serious note. The power amp section is not 2000W but is a good 700W. So a great backup power amp too. 😆

Edited by Chienmortbb

26 minutes ago, la bam said:

I had one of those. It was so good.

I took it for a service to a guy who used to be one of ampeg top guys and he couldnt believe how nice it sounded.

I agree. It's the probably the best sounding amp I own but I've never gigged it to confirm it due to its weight. I think it cost me around £350, which for an auto biasing 300 watt all valve amp  was a deal I couldn't resist.

29 minutes ago, Sparky Mark said:

I agree. It's the probably the best sounding amp I own but I've never gigged it to confirm it due to its weight. I think it cost me around £350, which for an auto biasing 300 watt all valve amp  was a deal I couldn't resist.

I think mine sold in great condition for about £150. It was ridiculously difficult to sell.

19 hours ago, Stealth said:

Christ that a bargain not sure if I could afford the road crew though 55KG

Tempted by these but can't find any comment or review anywhere

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/laney-dbv212-4-digbeth-4-ohm-bass-cab?gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=CjwKCAiAs8acBhA1EiwAgRFdwy_r9MNQejCinuUwR-qD4JOoNuQx55SuWEOs1ZlwABCQ8p0MjkdOcRoC8ogQAvD_BwE

These Digbeths are really tempting, and it would be great to support a British brand, but there seems to be very little about them in terms of online reviews, even here on BC (though a fair bit more on the pre-amp pedal, which seems to have been very warmly received).  But the heads aren't £149, even the 200w!

I had two of these before. One I sold on here and instantly regretted it so a few months later bought another. Then I returned it to the shop and got my money back as I didn`t really need it.

So I found out the other day I`m being made redundant on the 31st of December so happy Christmas!

Of course I had to buy one of these amps just to cheer me up. Thanks Stew! :D

Edited by jezzaboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, la bam said:

I think mine sold in great condition for about £150. It was ridiculously difficult to sell.

I've had mine almost 10 years from new. I intend to use it as my home set up when I find somewhere suitable. The valves are worth £150 alone. You must've needed the space really badly to "give it away" for that price. I bought it as a cheap way to try out a big valve amp, which I'm very glad I did. They're awsome!

• Like 1