Why become a member? ×

Bugera Bargain at G4M

stewblack

15 hours ago, Burns-bass said:

I had the same thing with a Warwick bass. Biggest gig of my life, and the Warwick messed it up. Nobody noticed of course, but I did.

it’s also good to know that I’m not the only one that routinely packs two of everything (including amps!)

Always pack two amps, usually only one bass but I had a problem with the Jack on one of my basses three weeks ago so now take two of those too.

Incidentally, the problem occurred while I was using a wireless system. Initially I blamed that but it worked perfectly with my other bass. 

Had an issue with my Veyron last night. Every time the compressor kicked in it did so with a loud noise. A sharp 'crack'. Turned off and two things happened. One, the noise stopped, two the volume increased - enormously.

I had it set quite timidly (about 20 to) I thought so was surprised at both issues.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, stewblack said:

Had an issue with my Veyron last night. Every time the compressor kicked in it did so with a loud noise. A sharp 'crack'. Turned off and two things happened. One, the noise stopped, two the volume increased - enormously.

I had it set quite timidly (about 20 to) I thought so was surprised at both issues.

I would expect the volume to appear to increase  slightly with the compressor off, as you're getting more dynamics. As to the other issue maybe some saturation / clipping somewhere in the gain staging? maybe try turning the input gain down and see if that has any effect.

• Like 1

On 25/12/2022 at 13:44, Chienmortbb said:

Always pack two amps, usually only one bass but I had a problem with the Jack on one of my basses three weeks ago so now take two of those too.

Incidentally, the problem occurred while I was using a wireless system. Initially I blamed that but it worked perfectly with my other bass. 

I once had a pickup go open circuit on a precision. No spare bass.

I always carry a spare now, I've never needed it. I dont  carry a spare guitar on my duo gigs though, perhaps I should. But I only play about half the set on guitar, as it's 80s. There's a lot of songs without guitar in this set

16 hours ago, basstone said:

I would expect the volume to appear to increase  slightly with the compressor off, as you're getting more dynamics. As to the other issue maybe some saturation / clipping somewhere in the gain staging? maybe try turning the input gain down and see if that has any effect.

It's odd as I had hardly any compression dialled in, so such a massive volume increase was unusual.

22 hours ago, stewblack said:

I agree about the gain knob. Mine once got turned up almost full and it made horrible noises. I also got a hum from my second one on the first gig for it on NYE. Turned out I had left a lead in the Aux In, and it was hanging down at the back. Also, the compressor does drop the volume a lot.

Edited by Chienmortbb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've now found a suitable protective case for my Veyron- someone here mentioned Peli cases, and they certainly look fantastic, but also very expensive: more than the amp.  I found this one on Amazon - £66 and you can literally "pluck" the foam out to fit round your cherished asset.  There's also a pressure valve, which is designed to keep it waterproof (I'm not planning to test that feature!).  Anyway, seems like a cost-effective solution, though there's no room in the size I chose for cables, etc.

PXL_20230125_121336271.jpg

PXL_20230125_121238186.jpg

PXL_20230125_121302980.jpg

• Like 11

I also found a suitable size laptop bag in a charity shop for £5.00 which gives a good level of protection for those who don’t need hard cases for everything.  The side pockets are also perfect for cables etc. I did look at the behringer bag for the amp but only briefly when I saw the price!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1