Why become a member? ×

Membership Map

Oddly

Greetings, folks.

I'll start by admitting I spent most of my online bass-forum time over on TalkBass, where I can amuse myself poking fun at whatever nonsense is currently exercising the hive mind.

Anyways, one of my little projects that proved popular over there is a map, showing member locations (as approximate as anyone is comfortable with, obviously).

Given that there's far too many Americans represented, I thought I might try and balance things out by letting folks here add themselves.

Just open the map, hit the ADDITIONS tab, then ADD MARKER, and, well, you're all intelligent enough to work it out from there, I'm sure.

Here's the link...

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2931050

Edited by Oddly
  • Like 3

Great response so far, folks, thank you. I should mention that it may seem like there's only one pin on the map in more populated areas (London, say, or BIrmingham...not Shropshire, obviously😁). If you click on the pin the top entry should show there's '1 of 5' or whatever. You can edit address to move away from the crowd. Also, I've noticed a couple of people with multiple entries, probably due to being so keen to represent their area. I'd forgotten to mention I have to approve entries (had a bad experience a while back with some childish clown posting multiple entries all over the place and even editing valid entries) so there may be a delay in your entry showing up. Sorry about that.

Keep 'em coming!

13 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I guess your bass bashes are quiet affairs!

For a few years I organised Hofner bashes here in France. I had many more folk come from other countries than France (UK, of course, but also Blegium, USA, Helvetica...), and several of the attendees from France were GB ex-pats..! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt P said:

I'm one of the numpties that managed to put myself in twice (Matt P about number 1040 ish) 

i picked a location that was near enough (the right city) but the exact location is a few miles from my actual lair.

Matt

I've deleted one of you. I just hope it's the right one!

9 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Me too! But given the paucity of bass round these here Borders I should have done at least 10... And I'm actually nearer to one of the very few (@Bleat) than I indicated on the map - security, doncha know!

I knew there was someone on here somewhat near-ish to where I am, but I couldn't think who it was! 👍

• Like 1