Why become a member? ×

what do you merely tolerate?

In my experience it's probably not a good idea to be tolerating anything. If something isn't 100% right change it for something that is.

I tolerated heavy gear for many years, when I should have been sensible and looked after my back.

11 hours ago, neepheid said:

Dunno, I'm pretty happy with everything.  At some point I'll get around to investigating why the tweets in my cab don't work but there's a tweeter in the main combo so I'm in no rush.

If they’re old Ampeg’s change the bulb in the back 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Edge Sockets are an derrière when sitting on the sofa.

Yes. I have a couple of right angle jack plugs reserved just for sofa practice.  So I guess I merely tolerate sofas that are not designed for bass guitar practice while seated in comfort using any old lead. 😀

Edited by Franticsmurf
  • Like 1

String manufacturers, not making strings long enough, for a string thru bridge, hence the chore of cutting the silk, so the metal windings pass, clear, over the nut, seems to be worst on D's in complete sets. followed by the E.

I'll get over it.

Wall wart power supplies. Horrible, crappy fragile things. Unfortunately I have no alternative than to tolerate them

If only I could find pro quality ones with the correct voltage, current, polarity and plug type.

But every bit of kit needs a different combination of the above, and all power supplies are cheap crap made in China

Well you did ask

Edited by Norris
  • Like 3

I’ve used GK amps for years and generally love them. However I only just manage to tolerate

the tone controls being configured the ‘wrong’ way round, i.e. treble on the left through to bass

on the right. This has been the case which started with my favourite amp, the 800RB, then

on to the RB700/1001 series and even the little MB range. I notice the recent Legacy

800 model has addressed this now, so may have to look into getting one, if only to solve

my ‘problem’.

Not sure if any other amps have been the same layout? I think the many years I spent

before my GK period ingrained me into thinking Bass to Treble / L to R was the correct

and intuitive way. 

• Like 1

To be fair, I don't really have anything that bugs me or annoys me, I'm quite content to be fair. However, one thing that does wind me up is people who do the sound who think that to do sound they must be constantly fiddling with the desk to justify why they are there. I get that there needs to be some adjustment on the fly but generally, just stop fiddling and changing it all the time.

• Like 3

Echoing a couple of other people, the carpet covering on my EBS cabs, I'm not a fan in general as they seem to degrade quicker than other covering options, and even more so as a cat owner.

My main bass is an ash Lakland in natural finish, not a fan of natural finishes on light coloured woods, but I like everything else about it so live with it

14 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Everything about being in a band other than the performance.

I'm about the opposite.  I tolerate playing gigs as a necessary evil of being in a band that doesn't simply drift along.

23 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

Not sure if this is what the OP was looking for, but I tend to tolerate minor defects far to long..... loose jack socket, pick-up selector which has to be wiggled to get a good contact and so on.

I get them fixed eventually... usually at the same cost (of money and/ effort) I could have  fixed them for on day one 😞 .

Oh good god no, I'm positively anal about such things -- I have to fix them immediately or they bug the hell out of me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The one bit of my gear that annoys me but that I have to tolerate because I can't work out how to fix, is the lids on my Gator 4U rack case, or more specifically the catches that hold them on. The catches have gone really loose, to the extent that they come undone whilst in transit in the boot and sometimes when I'm carrying them. I've looked at them and cannot for the life of me work out how to tighten them up, or indeed if that's even possible. They are driving me potty. 

Edited by Rich

So many of my instruments coming with a complimentary hardshell case. At home, I keep my basses in a rack stand rather than in their case, which to me makes it far more inviting to pick them up and play them. When I rehearse or gig I much prefer a sturdy gigbag or softcase. So I have a whole bunch of guitar and bass cases sitting around idly and taking up a ton of space. I don't want to sell them, because in some cases (ha!) they're specifically molded for one particular model of instrument, and some are even lefty-specific, and if I ever decide to sell an instrument the original hardshell case could be a selling point. So I put up with them :|

2 hours ago, tauzero said:

Office chairs that don't have a swivelling arm-rest so I can move it out of the way when playing.

The Humanscale Freedom chairs have an ingenious mechanism where the arms drop flat to the seat, they're brilliant for studio chairs where there's lots of playing, very comfortable for long sessions too.

You just have to be able to tolerate the cost...

https://www.humanscale.com/products/seating/freedom-headrest-executive-chair

1 hour ago, LeftyJ said:

So many of my instruments coming with a complimentary hardshell case. At home, I keep my basses in a rack stand rather than in their case, which to me makes it far more inviting to pick them up and play them. When I rehearse or gig I much prefer a sturdy gigbag or softcase. So I have a whole bunch of guitar and bass cases sitting around idly and taking up a ton of space. I don't want to sell them, because in some cases (ha!) they're specifically molded for one particular model of instrument, and some are even lefty-specific, and if I ever decide to sell an instrument the original hardshell case could be a selling point. So I put up with them :|

This is why god gave us lofts.

• Haha 2