Why become a member? ×

what do you merely tolerate?

Is there any feature or element of your gear that you put up with despite being happy with the other aspects of the gear—due to it being a relatively minor quibble or the expense of replacing/upgrading the gear outweighing the thing you dislike?

My personal dislike is the ‘fuzzy rat fur’ on my Schroeder 1212L cabinet. It just looks tatty from being scuffed at the edges and attracting dust and lint. Tolex always looks much smarter.

I've always hated the way that the jack socket on a Fender Precision is on the front.  I tolerate a straight jack into it because all my other kit has a jack in the correct location, on the side of the lower bout.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nicko said:

I've always hated the way that the jack socket on a Fender Precision is on the front.  I tolerate a straight jack into it because all my other kit has a jack in the correct location, on the side of the lower bout.

That's one of the things Epiphone fixed on the wonderful Vintage pro/60s Thunderbird bass. The original 60s Gibson ones had the socket on the face of the bass but its on the edge for the Epi.

Not sure if this is what the OP was looking for, but I tend to tolerate minor defects far to long..... loose jack socket, pick-up selector which has to be wiggled to get a good contact and so on.

I get them fixed eventually... usually at the same cost (of money and/ effort) I could have  fixed them for on day one 😞 .

42 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

@Niko... How simple and elegant it would be if Fender patented and used the 'Strat Boat Jack' for all its guitars and basses?

Edge Sockets are an derrière when sitting on the sofa.

If it's plugged in it really should be played standing up and loud enough to hear through the soles of your feet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2