Why become a member? ×

Being in a band with someone from a well known...

NancyJohnson

2 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

Looking at the 2022 Rebellion line up, there may not be any traditional punkyness, and people from a band big in the 80's and early 90's may be living in that London now, so not necessarily a London band.

Bearing in mind the size of venues, I'm gonna plump for Billy Duffy (coz Ian Astbury lives in LA).

Shane McGowan?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan Dare said:

The favourite band of those who are partial to a spoonerism.

Lopping initial Sweaters used to be a hobby of mine... until the kids got to that 'impressionable age'. Now all I've got left is drinking, bass playing and shouting at the kids (I'm only kidding about the last two, I'm a terrible bassist and the wife shouts at the kids for me!).

• Haha 2

Reading these comments reminded me that my old band were headhunted by a singer some years ago from a big music movie. He was looking for a band that could tour his set. He gave us some songs to prep, which we did and arranged a date for a rehearsal. He arrived at rehearsal (late) and was a complete ar*e the whole time he was there. I don't think we would have lasted more than one gig before someone punched his lights out. It was clear that it was not going to happen, with us at least and he left not to be heard of again. I saw a flyer not so long ago for him and his show at the o2, so he's still going somehow.

• Like 1

On 21/03/2022 at 18:10, paul_5 said:

Wayne Hussey?

I just saw that Wayne is doing a new tour with the Mission.

The OP says "take up bass duties in a band fronted by someone from a band I adored"

That suggest the  person is not going out under the same band name.

Therefore it can't be Wayne Hussey.

QED

(Note - I don't actually know what QED means)

• Haha 2