Why become a member? ×

Bass Bros

Supernaut

Admittedtly I'm terrible at maths, but:

I sent 8 basses and an amp to Will for commission sales and he has sold 7 of the 9

I have run this through the most powerful supercomputer in the land, and it has confirmed that 8 basses + 1 amp = 9 items. Therefore the above statement checks out.

What am I missing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

I have run this through the most powerful supercomputer in the land, and it has confirmed that 8 basses + 1 amp = 9 items. Therefore the above statement checks out.

What am I missing?

The "Darling, no this isn't a new one, I've always had this bass" factor?

• Haha 2

On 09/01/2024 at 09:57, Beedster said:

I messaged Bass Bros a week ago about a consignment sale and had no reply so I’ve opted to go somewhere else

Decided to try again, this time by email, and had an immediate response. Guess their web forms aren't working which might be worth keeping in mind

9 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Decided to try again, this time by email, and had an immediate response. Guess their web forms aren't working which might be worth keeping in mind

FWIW, I have always contacted Will by WhatsApp (using their published mobile number) and over the course of several transactions he has always been very quick to respond and very friendly with it

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Beedster said:

The problem is if you as a small business simply publish your email address online you have to deal with masses of unsolicited scammer type emails, but if you set up a contact form it works well initially so you think great, cracked it 😀 and then as the software used to make the  website (wordpress for example) gets updated to help prevent scammers and as the isps constantly update their defences to reduce spam the contact form becomes unreliable and is often blocked by the isp, or ends up in spam. So you end up having to do lots of maintenance of the site and testing and updating, which is fine if you are in the IT business but if you just need a presence for the non word of mouth customers to find and contact you then it has become increasingly a pain, thanks to criminals all around the world and AI.

I have found it gives best result if you call companies where possible, they will usually give you a better email address to use if they can't deal with the enquiry wholly by phone, like fred @thebiz.com where fred is the actual person who can sort your enquiry out.

The biggest companies are often the worse for contact form not working, maybe because they assign that inbox to someone who leaves the company and they don't reassign the function or have a catch all set up to monitor incoming mail where the 'duty' person everyday checks the stuff that is in the spam filter or hasn't been final delivered. But big companies publish the phone number and have a reception/telephonist person who can route your enquiry generally.

• Like 4

On 11/01/2024 at 01:57, mcnach said:

I hope both of you can count better than that... :ph34r:

It turns out it's me who can't count... :D

I read it as 8 basses sent for sale, and 7 out of the 9 sold within x weeks... I missed that it was 8 basses PLUS 1 amp, so sum =9.

It wasn't a great joke to start with, but now it's also meaningless...

And I had to explain it!!! 

Time to get my coat... ;)

• Haha 2

On 11/01/2024 at 08:03, wateroftyne said:

What am I missing?

You're missing my ability to misread things :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Hobbayne said:

Has anyone had any dealings with them? I sent them an email on Friday, and have yet to get an answer.

They have good reviews though, so I guess they are legit.

I sold a bass to Will from BassBros a few months ago and sometimes he is very fast at replying to emails and sometimes he can take a while, but he always replies eventually.

He has a lot of different plates to spin I suspect. People contact him via Whatsapp, Messenger and email.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hobbayne said:

Has anyone had any dealings with them? I sent them an email on Friday, and have yet to get an answer.

They have good reviews though, so I guess they are legit.

I have dealt with will. Bought a bass last November. Spoke to him yesterday via what’s app about getting another bass we have been in communication with for a bit. He said last week was crazy as he had over 50 basses in. 

He will get back to you his just rather caught up. Either ring him and leave a voicemail if you don’t get through, email or what’s app. I replied but waiting for a response. I know he will respond back. 

Like others say he does get back and is amazing to deal with. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, soulstar89 said:

I have dealt with will. Bought a bass last November. Spoke to him yesterday via what’s app about getting another bass we have been in communication with for a bit. He said last week was crazy as he had over 50 basses in. 

He will get back to you his just rather caught up. Either ring him and leave a voicemail if you don’t get through, email or what’s app. I replied but waiting for a response. I know he will respond back. 

Like others say he does get back and is amazing to deal with. 

Cheers for that!!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else found that the Bassbros website has an issue with search filters? Looking specifically for 5-string basses, I get this result on both Chrome and Firefox:

bassbros.jpg.b515379c559ce351d9a184f0b359bc50.jpg

Not sure whether it's at Bassbros's end or whether it's one of my multiple anti-advert filters.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tauzero said:

Has anyone else found that the Bassbros website has an issue with search filters? Looking specifically for 5-string basses, I get this result on both Chrome and Firefox:

bassbros.jpg.b515379c559ce351d9a184f0b359bc50.jpg

Not sure whether it's at Bassbros's end or whether it's one of my multiple anti-advert filters.

Same for me too, Chrome on Windows 11.

I haven't used the Number of Strings filter before, but I get the same result as you.

I have used the Brand filter often, and it used to work, but it's throwing up the same error. I reckon they have a website issue.

Well, I finally cut a deal with Bassbros recently after being a bit of a voyeur for some time.

The deal was struck with Will over the course of several WhatsApp messages-and I had to prompt him a couple of times-but otherwise I reckon they over delivered. 

I received a fair trade-in and my new bass arrived exactly as described on a day of my choosing, perfectly set-up with new strings of my choice. 

I'll be back. 

• Like 4