Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2022 - Sunday 9th October

scrumpymike

Updated Gear List & Raffle Donations 

1. @Andyjr1515 - SWAPAATBWADS* Fretless; FOR SALE: 'Kert's' Single Cut Camphor bass
  2. @BreadBin - TCE combo, pedal board, a couple of 5-strings, fretted and fretless, 4-string Allen Eden Jazz
  3. @Charliebass212 - basses, Markbass heads and my Barefaced cabs
  4. @Chienmortbb - Fender Aerodyne Jazz, Sire Marcus Miller M2, Ashdown Retroglide 800 amp, BC112MK3 12" Cabinet, Amplifier frequency response test rig *FOR SALE* Fender Aerodyne Jazz Pickups P/J, Marshall ED1 Compressor, Ramsa WP-1200 Power Amp
  5. @fiatcoupe432 - Pentabuzz, Mtly pasini fretless, MIJ Ibanez 6 string
  6. @Frank Blank - Jabba fretted bass, Ibanez SRC6, HX Stomp XL *FOR SALE*, QSC K12.2
  7. @GrahamT - NS Radius CR5, Spector Spectorcore 5 and defretted Line 6 Variax 705, Genz Benz Streamliner 600, GB Focus 112 cab, battery powered Pignose 30
  8. @Jabba_the_gut - Semi hollow fretless bass, 5 string mini bass, Ibanez RB960 bass, Markbass 801, Line 6 Studio 110, TC RS450 combo
  9. @JohnDaBass - Fender Imp micro Combo clone, BC110/MiniMax combo, P Bass Bitsa ash/Dimarzio/JazzMN, P Bitsa Black alder/Dimarzio/ Jazz MN, Bitsa '72 Jazz /CS '62 Pups/ MN, '52 P Bass Bitsa/Lindy Fralin Pup, Fender Kingman 34ins Acoustic bass
  10. @Mottlefeeder - Ibanez 5-string AB, Hohner B2V, kit built passive 4-strings, couple of home-brew battery combos, an 'Even briefer case' 150W twin 5 inch, and a 75W/150W 1x10inch & 1x10 extension speaker, plus a Vong HPF/LPF/DI pedal and an MXR 3-band EQ/DI pedal
  11. @Norm - Trace Elliot v4 valve head, Barefaced Vintage 2x15, Squier 5str Precision, Squier 5str Jazz, Musicman Stingray 4str (poss for sale/trade), Boss Micro-cube & headphones for when it gets noisy
  12. @Pea Turgh - DIY Basschat micro cab, Ampeg PF350, Toby Pro 4 bass.

DIY Basschat micro cab, Ampeg PF350, Toby Pro 4 bass

13. @Richard R - 4 and 5 string Brawleys, an EBS session 60 amp, bass weighing scales and a spreadsheet or some other way to show the data
  14. @scrumpymike - two Andy Rogers custom-builds; Vox Starstream A2S; FOR SALE!!  Gillett Contour Standard 4; Mesa TT-800 head; Hand-Box R-400 head; 2 x Barefaced SC3 cabs
  15. @sprocketflup - NS EUB, 5 string fretless Sei
  16. @Stub Mandrel - Orange Bass Terror, bitsa p-bass, C2, AT212
  17. @TheRev - double bass (poss), Italia Rimini, Chowny SWB fretless (FOR SALE), MAS45 cab/Techamp Puma/Fishman pre
  18. @Woodinblack - 27" Jabba bass, some spectors, Squier mustang *FOR SALE*, maybe the chapman stick
  19. @wrinkleygit - Jabba Telebass, Jabba Fretless, 70’s fretless P bass, Warmoth bitsa fretted P, TC BAM200
  20. @yorks5stringer - Nordstrand Acinonyx

LIST OF RAFFLE-PRIZE DONATIONS 

• Gator rack-mount case - donated by @scrumpymike
  • A 6 metre cable, using Neutrik Jacks and Sommer Retro Braided Cable - donated by @Chienmortbb 
  • Hardly used (never for vocals) Sonitronics STC-80 Cardioid Dynamic Mic with Stand Clip - donated by @Andyjr1515
  • Gig bags including Roqsolid zipped case, a picture of the Beatles on old photopaper, loads of Q CD's. - donated by @yorks5stringer
  • 34" medium scale Nickel strings, 34" medium scale Nickel and a selection of Cadburys chocolate donated by @Richard R
  • A clip-on tuner donated by @wrinkleygit
  • Mighty Bass Tru pass thro tuner, Ammon sub & up octaver donated by @JohnDaBass
  • Tech21 BassCompactor compressor donated by @TheRev
  • A folding bass stand and maybe a cymbal stand donated by @Pea Turgh
  • Digitech RP80 donated by @BreadBin
Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frank Blank said:

I am sure Mike will point this out nearer the day but if you have any long extension leads and/or plug socket reels then bring 'em. Mine is still in the car from the 2019 Bash!

image268.thumb.png.02ad471a115e83973bf36ce8bea3fe32.png

I have a cheap p bass , but need to find it 

I'll bring it for the raffle 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BASH NEWS BULLETIN!

Got a very interesting PM from 'our' Stevie, as follows:

"Here's a heads-up on some of the cabs I'll be bringing with me on Sunday: https://www.lfsys.co.uk . I've not announced this development on Basschat yet but will be doing so during the course of this week (now done, see Affiliates section - Mike).   I guess this means that the officlal world premier of LFSys bass cabs will be at the SW Bash😊."

Needless to say, I dived straight onto Stevie's website - and I really liked what I saw! Basically, what he's done is to small-batch-productionise two version of the 12" home-build cab project that's known to many on this forum and features regularly at our S-W Bashes. The rationale is pretty obvious: lots of people have been telling Stevie how impressed they are with the self-build cab but don't have the time or skill to take it on. Most of them go on to say that they'd buy into it if someone would build it for them. Well, now Stevie is that someone in the guise of LFSys.

Won't spoil it by telling you any more, but suffice to say that they look the business from what I've seen on the website.  Can't wait to see and hear them on Sunday!

A NEW-PRODUCT WORLD PREMIER AT THE S-W BASS BASH? I need to go and have a lie-down!

Hang on a minute, there's chienmortbb's range of cables too! This calls for an extra-large portion of Mrs. Scrumpy's crumble! (Don't worry guys, there'll be plenty left for you 🙂 )

Edited by scrumpymike
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mottlefeeder said:

For the benefit of the DIYers attending, my band has managed to write off a couple of speaker enclosures, but I salvaged the drive units - I can bring them if anyone has a use for them:

I have the speaker and crossover from a Soundlab 12 inch PA speaker and the speaker, crossover and horn driver from a Studiospares Crescendo 10 inch speaker.

David

We recently blew up the electronics in one of our Yamaha speakers - testing an old amp that it transpires was both faulty and dangerous!

If nobody else wants them then I'll relieve you of the Crescendo parts. If anyone else does then they can have them.

10 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

I could bring an ABM600 if it was needed but i feel we probably have a topheavy data points / time ratio!

@Chienmortbb how long will it take to take a measurement including the wiring/connecting up time? It might be quite quick in which case the more the merrier. BUT this is the first time we've tried this

31 minutes ago, Phil Starr said:

@Chienmortbb how long will it take to take a measurement including the wiring/connecting up time? It might be quite quick in which case the more the merrier. BUT this is the first time we've tried this

It all depends on how money points we measure but no more than 10 minutes per amp. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fiatcoupe432 said:

How we doing on bass amps ? Mine packed up last night and it smell of burn components.sad times

What amp is it? I repair amps, my business is Hurst Batch Services based in Wells and I'll be at the bash. Sadly, some modern amps are not repairable by independent repairers due to method of construction and lack of manufacturer support.

16 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

BASH NEWS BULLETIN!

Got a very interesting PM from 'our' Stevie, as follows:

"Here's a heads-up on some of the cabs I'll be bringing with me on Sunday: https://www.lfsys.co.uk . I've not announced this development on Basschat yet but will be doing so during the course of this week (now done, see Affiliates section - Mike).   I guess this means that the officlal world premier of LFSys bass cabs will be at the SW Bash😊."

Needless to say, I dived straight onto Stevie's website - and I really liked what I saw! Basically, what he's done is to small-batch-productionise two version of the 12" home-build cab project that's known to many on this forum and features regularly at our S-W Bashes. The rationale is pretty obvious: lots of people have been telling Stevie how impressed they are with the self-build cab but don't have the time or skill to take it on. Most of them go on to say that they'd buy into it if someone would build it for them. Well, now Stevie is that someone in the guise of LFSys.

Won't spoil it by telling you any more, but suffice to say that they look the business from what I've seen on the website.  Can't wait to see and hear them on Sunday!

A NEW-PRODUCT WORLD PREMIER AT THE S-W BASS BASH? I need to go and have a lie-down!

Hang on a minute, there's chienmortbb's range of cables too! This calls for an extra-large portion of Mrs. Scrumpy's crumble! (Don't worry guys, there'll be plenty left for you 🙂 )

I have been one of @stevie’s Guinea  🐷🐷 and I have to say that these are a few steps on from the DIY designs. No babies were thrown out with the bath water but the tweaks, changes and hundreds of hours spent in development, mean these are special cabinets. They are genuinely hand built with many of the components designed and made in-house. Suffice to say that my BC112 MK3 will soon be retired and repurposed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chienmortbb said:

I have been one of @stevie’s Guinea  🐷🐷 and I have to say that these are a few steps on from the DIY designs. No babies were thrown out with the bath water but the tweaks, changes and hundreds of hours spent in development, mean these are special cabinets. They are genuinely hand built with many of the components designed and made in-house. Suffice to say that my BC112 MK3 will soon be retired and repurposed. 

They look great from the pictures on the web site as well. Can't wait to see and hear them on Sunday. I too am a BC112 Mk3 owner/ builder using one of the first batch of cabinet kits so have high expectations! I wonder if there's any possibility of upgrading the DIY design without a total rebuild?

• Like 1