Why become a member? ×

End of the road

Telebass

7 hours ago, Telebass said:

Having had lots of chats to the various surgeons, they've decided that they can try and rectify the previous error. But hell, it's sure going to take some rectifying...

Two big ops, not sure of order yet.

I know 2 people who had spinal surgery. One had lumber vertebrae fused and the other had a bone spur removed from within the spinal chord cavity. Both ops were successful. Both carried on with their lives. Depending on the details, this can be the answer.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chris_b said:

I know 2 people who had spinal surgery. One had lumber vertebrae fused and the other had a bone spur removed from within the spinal chord cavity. Both ops were successful. Both carried on with their lives. Depending on the details, this can be the answer.

Best wishes.

Oh indeed. But it's been a bit of a trek; this will be ops 6 and 7...

In all probability, this will be the last attempt, no matter the result.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mickeyboro said:

All the very best from the man who sold you the original Telebass! 

Man, I miss that 51RI, it was a peach. But it were not the first, oh no. I'd previously has a 1969 ACTUAL Telebass. Should never have got rid of that, either. Sigh...

• 3 weeks later...

Prayed for you that quality of life will be restored to you.

As others have said Ubass could well help with that. Either a acoustic or solid both are easy to manage.

They don't have to break the bank either.

This Donner does a surprising job of holding its head up to my Kala Rumbler.

Cost peanuts by comparison.16661720845941405380845470223299.thumb.jpg.84a8cbb94e9e75aca45a549693372f41.jpg

Edited by Ralf1e
  • Like 1

Good luck with the operations, I hope they help and you can get back to playing in some capacity.

Have you thought about a stand for the bass? Similar to what guitarists use when they have an electric and acoustic in the same song? Potentially it could set it up so you could sit to play and relieve any pressures on your back!

• Like 1