Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

11 minutes ago, prowla said:

It's just reporting the post, rather than the overall issue.

Actually, that option isn't there.

If you go to his add, you can report it as fraud. There is an option to add information i believe. This is reporting it direct to FB, not an admin for any of the groups, so can be ignored. 

Looks like online harassment is one to add to the list; posting comments on my FB page and sending me messages.

Mick sent Today at 21:02
Excuse me sir someone is saying I’m a stinky poo bass player
And I’m going to tell my friends on basschat
I’m going to report you now
Lol
Mick
Mick sent Today at 21:07
Press the three dots mate top right

And all because he wanted to rip me of for £100.

He could have earned that honestly in the time he's putting into this.

UPDATE: I HAVE NOW RECEIVED MY REFUND.

Edited by prowla

As previously discussed @ped, I’ve historically advised against these types of threads. That said, having read all the posts thus far, I don’t see anything that would potentially harm any defence (everything here is legally disclosable - if it gets that far). Providing everything is kept factual and that those facts can be supported, I think it’s a good idea to leave it open. After all, we don’t know the extent of the alleged deception(s). There maybe more than we know of at this stage.

It’s your choice ultimately, but I don’t see an issue providing this doesn’t veer into wild speculation and/or threats - which it hasn’t thus far. IMHO of course. Hope you guys get your money back 🤞.

• Like 3

Let’s nip this slander thing in the bud shall we? What harm has been caused to the individual as a result of what has been said? That is for the person in question to prove. If he has the cajones to ‘brief’ himself up, I believe he will open himself up to a can of worms. He would potentially have to allege something along the lines of ‘I have been unable to sell anything in X’ directly because of what ‘Y’ said and it is as a direct result and he would have to provide evidence to support it.

Personally, I wouldn’t worry about the threat of slander. All in my humble opinion of course.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jus Lukin said:

Technically, I believe it would be libel, rather than slander (although our man clearly isn't a big fan of the detail of law).

That said, one man's slander is another man's "Well, I saw you doing it, and I just said you did it". It's either slander or libel... or truth. All we'd need to find out which is some kind of... uhhh... I dunno, evidence of wrongdoing, or something?

Technically, it could be either/both depending on how this plays out, but I really don't think any of the alleged aggrieved parties have anything to worry about. 

On 20/12/2020 at 01:14, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Technically, it could be either/both depending on how this plays out, but I really don't think any of the alleged aggrieved parties have anything to worry about. 

I've posted facts, to the point of cutting & pasting actual content.

For an item to be defamation/slander/libel it has to be untrue; truth is an absolute defence against such charges.

Edited by prowla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, prowla said:

I've posted facts, to the point of cutting & pasting actual content.

For an item to be defamation/slander/libel it has to be untrue; truth is an absolute defence against such charges.

Agreed. I don’t think anyone has anything to worry about. Just hope the monies are returned 👍

So, this guy defrauds you; is caught bang to rights; makes no attempt to deny it; and instead of returning your hard-earned or even putting his hands up, he basically says "yeah I've got your money, and now I'm going to harass you because you asked for it back"..? 

Unbelievable. My opinion of this person is completely unprintable.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

£5 says he's already rejoined.

People like this are actually lower than those that rob old ladies.

Is he really a musician, surely no-one would give him any work?

He seems to have a reading age of around 10 years old and hasn't worked out how to use a VPN - his IP is blocked and if he DOES figure out how to sign up from somewhere else it'll be easy to spot.

He thinks we're all 'sad keyboard warriors with nothing better to do' and he's 'out gigging' all the time, so it would be ironic if he did sign up again...

Anyway he can if he likes, it just means we have more info on him for the police.

• Like 12

Amusingly (or not), he's apparently started posting details on Facebook of a convicted paedophile in Wales and saying it's me.

(It isn't, of course!)

Update 22/12: I have proof of that, BTW. However, some good came of it because someone who thought it was true and gave me a bit of lambasting (and who I proved to that it was not me) turned out to be a mediator and facilitated my refund.

Edited by prowla
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

I nearly always go with Bank Transfer as i always thought it was safer than Paypal. ???

Dave

Paypal Friends and Family is not safe but paying via Paypal Goods and Services is the safest option as the buyer has total protection against any potential scams.  That is why most gear pages on Facebook and forums like this usually only recommend buyers use Paypal Goods and Services. 

This is from UK GUITAR / AMP / GEAR EXCHANGE:
image.png.840827e2b784ebdf2c7d5abd4469c911.png

Edited by AinsleyWalker

15 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Personally, I wouldn’t worry about the threat of slander. All in my humble opinion of course.

It would cost about £250,000 to bring a case in front of a judge.  He's not serious in the slightest. 

• Like 2

Out of interest - how certain are ppl that the fraudster in Leicester newspaper and the Facebook guy are the same person? 
it just struck me that if I was going to defraud people then posing using a convicted fraudster as my disguise wouldn’t be the most stupid way to do it. 

• Like 2

On 20/12/2020 at 13:44, LukeFRC said:

Out of interest - how certain are ppl that the fraudster in Leicester newspaper and the Facebook guy are the same person? 
it just struck me that if I was going to defraud people then posing using a convicted fraudster as my disguise wouldn’t be the most stupid way to do it. 

Check the photo on the article and on his FB page.

He's also confirmed to me that it was him but says that he took the fall for a sick friend.

I didn't believe that, but I'm now chatting with someone who knows someone close to him who has confirmed that is known to them.

They are now discussing how to get a resolution.

Edited by prowla

• prowla changed the title to I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)
  • Hamster locked this topic
  • Hamster unlocked this topic