Jump to content

Some VERY good news at last - live music back by the Spring?


Al Krow

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

Oh the irony! Did someone suggest on here that gigs might be coming back by the end of May (to the clatter of multiple BC'ers falling off chairs? 😂)?

We unexpectedly got asked this morning if we are free to play a fantastic venue tomorrow and Monday night, but due to getting zero notice and one band member up in Scotland this weekend etc. we're unable to take them on. Damm!!!

Still I'm aware that several of my BC buddies are very much getting back into harness with their bands. Fingers crossed their rehearsals and gigs go well and a raised glass to us all on that front :drinks:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My first gig of the year this evening. Just a 45 min spot in a multi band event, but at least we can get together and play for an audience again. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

My first gig of the year this evening. Just a 45 min spot in a multi band event, but at least we can get together and play for an audience again. 

That's brilliant news Dave. Enjoy it mate! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

That's brilliant news Dave. Enjoy it mate! 

Thanks, should be a bit of fun. Rehearsed our set last night, few changes made but ready to go now. 

To think I'm excited about a quick set in a pub in Oxford - this day two years ago I was on my to Germany to headline a  three day festival there.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats to those who have actual gigs - it is worth pointing out everybody wanted music back live when it’s safe to do so, some people will still have genuine concerns for whatever reason and it’s shouldn’t be glibly washed over.

Happy again for live music and a move to normality - break a leg!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Oh the irony! Did someone suggest on here that gigs might be coming back by the end of May (to the clatter of multiple BC'ers falling off chairs? 😂)?

They did. I don't see many gigs in pubs in my town!

We have an outdoor gig in 3 weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First one next Saturday, outdoor festival socially distanced of course. About 30 in the diary now so keeping my fingers crossed it all goes swimmingly! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, walshy said:

First one next Saturday, outdoor festival socially distanced of course. About 30 in the diary now so keeping my fingers crossed it all goes swimmingly! 

Amazing! That's even more than @bassfan. Very jealous of you both! 😊

35 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

this day two years ago I was on my to Germany to headline a  three day festival there.

Ok that gets a bit of a "wow!" from me. Any festival footage?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking forward to tomorrow (30th) when I'm off to see my old drummer's rock covers band play the afternoon away in a village pub garden. Fine ales, decent music, good company. Lovely. It's been way too long. Let's hope this is the start of getting back to what we love doing. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Amazing! That's even more than @bassfan. Very jealous of you both! 😊

Ok that gets a bit of a "wow!" from me. Any festival footage?

There might be - it'll take a bit of digging out though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played last night, wedding with 30 guests. New members in the band, new sound guy, new songs in the set, so bit of a risk but it was so enjoyable to be playing and the happy couple partied hard. 

37FE2ED1-8DC8-445A-804A-7F81B60DDE12.jpeg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After four refresher get togethers, our first gig back tomorrow night  audience seated, drinking and distanced but we shall try to pull out our best performance. Have birthday gigs booked, a wedding and various pub gigs to look forward to between now and Christmas around Lincolnshire. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

we had our first full pub set gig last Sunday for 15 months, with a newish guitarist after a couple of crash rehearsals, bit ropey, but as Basil would say "I think we got away with it" 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/03/2021 at 12:55, Al Krow said:

Cheers Al.

I've been in an ELO tribute band for nearly 10 years. Playing is my only income, so can't wait to get back doing it.

https://www.elotribute.com/media.php 

I love ELO!  Time is IMO their best album as it follows a concept idea from start to finish with some cracking songs. I have it on my playlist for when I’m working in the office.

We have 4 gigs booked from July to end of August so far but only 1 of those is a wedding and another is a festival. No bookings coming through for private parties or weddings yet. I think people are waiting to see if the last restrictions go on the 21st June or the Indian variant put its back. Hopefully even if infections go up, the link between infection and hospital and deaths has been broken by the vaccination. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

No debate from me on about Time being ELO's best! Be interesting to hear if @casapete agrees? :) 

We've got a few weddings in the diary, but all deferrals from last year. Local pub landlord is chomping at the bit to get bookings going post June 21st. 

11 minutes ago, Silky999 said:

 

Hopefully even if infections go up, the link between infection and hospital and deaths has been broken by the vaccination. 

^^ exactly this. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Al Krow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, that was good gig! First one for more months than I can remember and the release of all that pent up energy was incredible. Good audience up and dancing (and yes, we played only Grateful Dead music - the Dead used to say they were first and foremost a dance band). 

Only complaint - too short - we only had a one hour slot and it was gone in a flash.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Well, that was good gig! First one for more months than I can remember and the release of all that pent up energy was incredible. Good audience up and dancing (and yes, we played only Grateful Dead music - the Dead used to say they were first and foremost a dance band). 

Only complaint - too short - we only had a one hour slot and it was gone in a flash.

Awesome man, bet it felt good! I can’t wait for next week, it should be quite cathartic!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FinnDave said:

Well, that was good gig! First one for more months than I can remember and the release of all that pent up energy was incredible. Good audience up and dancing (and yes, we played only Grateful Dead music - the Dead used to say they were first and foremost a dance band). 

Only complaint - too short - we only had a one hour slot and it was gone in a flash.

You lucky devil!  I can’t wait for our first one in July. We are doing a charity gig for a charity that supported me when I went a bit mental with PTSD due to work. Paying it forward and all that.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Al Krow said:

No debate from me on about Time being ELO's best! Be interesting to hear if @casapete agrees? :) 

We've got a few weddings in the diary, but all deferrals from last year. Local pub landlord is chomping at the bit to get bookings going post June 21st. 

^^ exactly this. Fingers crossed.

I prefer the earlier albums Al, such as On the Third Day and Eldorado. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First one back for us today early evening outside gig at the local cricket club, ticketed sold out , think the appetite for live music is certainly out there we’re probably under rehearsed and bound to be a bit rusty but very excited to be back playing live again 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like I'm playing again this afternoon, local blues afternoon. My former bandmate from the Wirebirds & I will play a few numbers, always enjoy playing with Al - he's anything but predictable!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've had our first rehearsal back... oh it was wonderful :) ... A few more in the pipeline, and then our first gig is my son's wedding. No pressure there then. :lol:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...