Why become a member? ×

The first song in your first set.

interpol52

View Postarthurhenry, on 29 January 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:
For a song that goes D, C, G, that's quite clever!
I had that thought too.....maybe they changed the key?

Hah no that's entirely me being stupid actually. It is of course in D and me having a blonde moment ! 😊

For a While We started with Gimme some Loving In E , blues brothers style, For some reason it was pointed out that popping up on stage and doing a quick tune up followed by a nod could easily turn into a blues brothers double of gimme some lovin , and Everybody needs somebody to love , which our vocalist wrote a clever introduction bit to rip off Dan Akroyd .

Thinking back over it its cliche as hell ... we really ought to plan somthing else .

Little band always starts with 'Superstition' - usually with an extended lead in with drums/guitar riff while the singer/second guitar sorts himself out. Nice easy way to ease gently into the gig.

Rock covers band starts with a condensed version of 'Kashmir' leading into 'Rock and Roll'.

New incarnation of rock covers band, a Bon Jovi tribute, starts with the extended 'Lay Your Hands' with some back track trickery.

[quote name='mikegatward' timestamp='1485734152' post='3226330']
Blitzkrieg Bop - it's a tough one to f**k up
[/quote] :lol: yeah we start with that, message on intent being a Punk, mostly covers band, although different members at different times (me included) have been known to forget the stop towards the end

Wedding band varies completely depending on what we've been asked and what the room of people look like. Usually go for classic (beatles / stevie wonder / something disco) over current pop but really depends on the people.

Hair Metal band starts with Hot For Teacher most times to warm drummer up.

We usually start with a bit of Noodling in D, which sounds like us sorting out tuning, singist then starts intoning Roy Batty's soliloquy from Blade Runner over the top, changing the last line from 'die' to 'rock' ending with a snare crack and straight into She Sells Sanctuary at full wellie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tears_in_rain_monologue

We must have done it hundreds of times and it still give me goosebumps

Function band is usually Dakota, for the simple reason it's...erm...simple, and I go walkabout for a bit to check levels. Acoustic duo/trio it's usually High And Dry, again, simple stuff, and the rock version of said band it's more flexible, but we've opened with Best Of You...it gets people's attention. T'other rock band hasn't gigged yet, but I think for simplicity's sake it might well be Hagar's Loud...so I can check levels again... :unsure: :D

Oh, and if the originals band ever gets its act together again to gig...it'll be Starting Out from here: https://open.spotify.com/album/7jFeu1DV62lx5bqW0vVdkJ

Edited by Muzz

We used to start with 'Hound Dog' when we had Jenny singing with us, she'd do the first bar solo which always caught people's attention as she has one hell of a voice. Now we use a slightly funkified version of the blues standard 'Going Down'.