Why become a member? ×

What's the biggest gig you have played?

MacDaddy

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1473074013' post='3126532']
Headlined or been part of..?
[/quote]
Either just the size of the audience you have directly played to...

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1473074033' post='3126533']
Are we counting televised performances?
[/quote]

... in person :)

I went for up to 500. I think the venue was technically ok for up to about 600/7000 but it wasn't full.

The original Robin in Brierley Hill for those interested :)

I've also played JB's in Dudley which fits 1000...but I can't honestly say it was that busy! :D

Edited by paul h

My old, 13 piece, soul band played a few of the big Park Lane hotels. They have capacities of between 1,000 & 2,000.

My favourite was Price Waterhouse Cooper's summer ball at the Natural History museum. Pretty big venue and we even got our own chef and barman in the backstage area :)

Did lots of colleges.... Suppported Kajagoogoo, the band that did "Is Vic there?" , Dumpys rusty nuts, Glitter band...

not sure of numbers.. a few people tho

Also played to one man (with a Dog)

[quote name='ColinB' timestamp='1473074844' post='3126553']
45,000 people.

Lord's Cricket Ground (England v N.Z.) we were the lunch-time entertainment on the Friday of the test match. It rained a bit - so we had to keep playing for quite a long time.
[/quote]

This has gotta be the winner!! lol

Bedford Riverside festival a couple of years back, steaming hot day so the whole event was packed, we had a 40 min slot mid afternoon, on 2nd stage, after a gospel Choir and before a teen thrash band, but a quick(rough) headcount before we went on I reckon going on 2000 people......fantastic fun and more than slightly bowel loosening!!!

We played at Lingfield Park Racecourse once, singer says there were 6k people there, I think there were fewer than that, but it was a big crowd anyway.

Other than that, played one of the tents at the Download Festival back in 2008, tent was rammed and was an amazing experience.

In terms of audience size and amount of publicity, then the Planet Rockstock set last year was probably my peak with Cherry White. I've checked the second option as I reckon there were over 100 people in the room that Sunday morning, but probably no more than 150. For sheer audience size I reckon it's vying with Togfest 2014 and however many people were trying to cram into the Red Lion in Dereham earlier this year...and then possibly beaten by the short sets we played at the Covent Garden Arts Theatre, which book-ended a comedy night.