Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1398784918' post='2437580']
Having had 2 power supplies blow on me (with one emitting smoke!!) my pedalboard is now up and running, all thanks to advice and info from out lovely Shep! Cheers man.
[/quote]

Glad we got that tiny powering hiccup sorted! :)

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1398785622' post='2437584']
Told you it was possible
[/quote]

Haha, yeah, basically instead of having both Hi and Lo instrument input, the one I don't use will now be direct to the power section.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1398789817' post='2437632']
Glad we got that tiny powering hiccup sorted! :)
[/quote]

Yeah man, thanks very much again for all your help, the Diago seems to be doing the business so far, it's only been one practice though, but they all worked, and more importantly no smoke!

Thinking of using this as my gigging set up

[URL=http://s420.photobucket.com/user/spongebob_sqaurepants/media/57C68775-1FC8-4A3E-8983-5304523DDD50_zps5acakeq7.jpg.html][IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/spongebob_sqaurepants/57C68775-1FC8-4A3E-8983-5304523DDD50_zps5acakeq7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Never used to use pedals in the early days but as times gone by and now playing with a covers band one sound does not suit all.

Ashdown Nate Mendel Dual Overdrive/Distortion
Ashdown Chorus
Boss Noise Gate
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Aphex Bass Exciter
Diago Power Supply
Behringer DI box (like the Sans Amp) just in case I loose my amp while gigging I can still get a decent sound through the PA

Compressor is on my Ashdown Klystron or Trace Elliot SMX along with the graphic EQ.

To me the above is just enough to get the sound I require to play live and it all fits in a small
pedal board.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1399062007' post='2440689']
Nice selection! The tuner looks dwarfed next to the Cali though!
[/quote]

:lol: yeah it does look teeny tiney

Think I might need a bigger board

Edited by sk8

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1398784918' post='2437580']
While my main board was out of action, Swanflight did me a great deal on a smaller board to see me through gigs in the meantime, and once my full board is sorted, that will become the pedalboard for my Verellen Meatsmoke Pre-amp that is on order.

I have popped my amp in to Matamp, and Hayden is making an input for me to skip the GT200 pre, and just use the valve power section, so I will have a nice big choice of Matamp GT200, or 2 channels of Verellen Meatsmoke :D
[/quote]
I love my meatsmoke preamp! I run it into the passive input on the SWR 750x, to give me 3 channels effectively. I wouldn't have thought to put it in front of a tube amp though.
Enjoy!

[quote name='Bolo' timestamp='1399151094' post='2441639']

I love my meatsmoke preamp! I run it into the passive input on the SWR 750x, to give me 3 channels effectively. I wouldn't have thought to put it in front of a tube amp though.
Enjoy!
[/quote]

Yeah, like the full Meatsmoke is a valve power section, so I figured I'd like to do that. Ben reckons it'll sound great, so that's good to know.

I'll regularly put it into the power section of my Ampeg PF500 as well, when I can't be bothered lugging all the big amps around ;)

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1399367765' post='2443399']

My quickly bodged together set-up for a jam the other day. First time on bass in ages and I sounded incredible!
[/quote]

ibanez session man! love those little guys!

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1399375248' post='2443516']
ibanez session man! love those little guys!
[/quote]

with a clean blend there is nothing better! So responsive to my playing. Also going in to the red llama is just filthy

I would love another couple of SS10s because it really is my favorite pedal, but I never see them for sale

I've started building my first board :D

[attachment=162214:2014-05-07 18.46.37.jpg]

Korg DT-10 -> LS2* -> Multiwave Bass Distortion -> Behringer Bass Chorus
LS2 A Loop : Tech 21 XXL Bass -> GEB-7
LS2 B Loop : Clean

All powered by a gigrig generator and a distributor :D

Used it for the first time last night and it sounds awesome :D

The multiwave puts a smile on everyones face! The power cable on the behringer in a little too tight so it came out a few times. A bit of tape and putting slack into it should fix that though.

[url="http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/panamonte/media/pedalboard.jpg.html"][/url]

I've been using more effects over the last year and setting up was becoming a time-consuming PITA so I bit the bullet and put my first board together. Tah-dah! Very pleased with the results so far, but maybe I should look for a smaller phaser ;)

really trying to resist the urges to buy more dirt and fuzz pedals! (subscribing to" pedals and effects" on youtube wasnt a smart move)

my new cog effects pedal is giving some pretty ridiculous dirt sounds when you combine the tarkin and mesa flux drive, however i also have the lateral sounds root, so i have no need for more dirt, yet i cant stop looking at the earthquaker devices page!

andy

Guest FretNoMore

I think my pedalboard is beginning to stabilize, there are only minor changes lately. Scary thought. :) Today I swapped the tuner and tremolo so I can reach the tremolo's switches, and made a riser for the envelope filter so I can connect an expression pedal at the front.

[IMG]http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p669/FretNoMore/Pedalboard-v6/20140510-AM1D6862.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p669/FretNoMore/Pedalboard-v6/20140510-AM1D6863.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1399637177' post='2446122']
[url="http://s66.photobucket.com/user/albakio/media/20140509_084628.jpg.html"][/url]

The latest, with an almost pure-COG dirt section...That TFR's not going anywhere though! :)
[/quote]

nice :)

just found a post office missed delivery slip in my mailbox at home - my neunaber WET has been sat at the post office waiting for me for almost 2 weeks! dead excited to pick it up tomorrow night!!!

I've made a little pedal board which had to satisfy two main criteria:
1: It had to fit in my 12"x12" protective case
2: I needed to be able to swap from dry tone to filtered fuzz very quickly

I had previously tried to do it so that i could stomp the two effects at the same time, but it didn't work too well :blush: Edited by Roland Rock

Hi Nick,
It's a single bypass looper.
When off, the signal goes straight from bass to amp. When engaged, it routes the signal through the tuner>fuzz>LPF and back again. I like a combination of fuzz and filter, so I just leave them both on, and pressing on 'The Noose' brings them both into play instantly.