Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1398209350' post='2431770']

It's very nice. I've got a Hardwire Supernatural as well, but the Fender one just sounds better for bass. Difficult to describe, but it seems to enhance the original sound rather than being an actual effect. Particularly nice on chord work and fretless.
[/quote]

Its something I will have to look into, sounds like it could be just what im looking for, the Acoustic Simulator I brought to try was a bad investment thouigh :s

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1398323383' post='2432786']
I don't want one [i]that[/i] badly.
[/quote]

If there was some sort of group discount I'd be interested but £12 for a vinyl sticker is a bit much for me. Then again, my OCD does want me to grab one :P

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1397569361' post='2425211']

Have you tried the wah into the ODB-3? A lot of dirt pedals can completely mask the sound of a wah, but wah into the ODB-3 kills. I don't like fuzz into wah as it sounds too synthy for me, but a light overdrive gives the wah more work with. I don't have a board set up right now, but am finding I like the SFT and Beta going into the wah, and the VT / ODB-3 / Speaker Cranker after it.
[/quote]

Nice one :)

[URL=http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/01952danny-79/media/BoardIII3-Copy.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af266/01952danny-79/BoardIII3-Copy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

https://soundcloud.com/bigbassbob/youre-doom-superstition

That's a clip I made just after getting the Doom. I've gotten nicer tones out of them since and I've done some recording that hasn't been mixed yet.

I'm using the pair on an interesting track for the bass line with an electric according on higher range synth duties.

[quote name='plunkrock' timestamp='1398519130' post='2434907']
Korg Pitchblack > Fuzzrocious Rat Tail > Sanford & Sonny Bluebeard > Fuzzrocious BDPG :)

[attachment=161261:IMG_0380.JPG]
[/quote]

Awesome board!

Si

[quote name='plunkrock' timestamp='1398675211' post='2436322']

Cheers Si, very happy with it :)

And thanks for your video with the BDPG, that really got me thinking "I should really try the Rat Tail again" :P
[/quote]

Pleasure :-D

Si

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1398677999' post='2436364']
[attachment=161456:Davie_Wood_Pedalboard.jpg]

New boards :) Just waiting on some daisy chains to power the thing!

Possibly replacing the Trem and OC3 with a COG version :)
[/quote]

Lovely stuff! I used to have a G5 and loved it! :)

How's the TK-421 working out for you? I'm still intrigued to hear all about the LPF/HPF combination! ;) ...

One of those DIY jobs from ikea. Ive already taken it out to few noise gigs and its a right pain in the arse not having a good sized bang for it. Nobody knows what to think when Im telling them how cheap it was to put together as Im struggling like mad to squeeze it into sports bag.

Ive chucked all the wires n that under the board and Im going to put a back and sides on it to save even more space by putting the power underneath and give it an angle, still feels better than the ball ache of setting it all up on the spot, just still slightly mental in this state. For bass Id have a COG fuzz and meatbox on their instead of Flanger Hoax, but not in that place.

Ha, so basically this is irrelevant and I just wanted to post.

Edited by Left Foot

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1398677999' post='2436364']
[attachment=161456:Davie_Wood_Pedalboard.jpg]

New boards :) Just waiting on some daisy chains to power the thing!

Possibly replacing the Trem and OC3 with a COG version :)
[/quote]

nice board!

having had a boss oc-3 for me the cog t-65 i have is a killer replacement.

im also interested in adding a trem think im gonna try the boss trem first tho

andy

[quote name='danny-79' timestamp='1398361278' post='2433432']

Nice one :)

[URL=http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/01952danny-79/media/BoardIII3-Copy.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af266/01952danny-79/BoardIII3-Copy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]
Just changed the running order slightly, put the VT AFTER the compressor, by thought it would be logical to put it BEFORE so the Comp catches any high spikes but all it does in that order (at volume) is choke the sound to death, sounded bad!! quick re rout of the cables (Planet Waves Cable Station, wow! how easy does it make things!) an Its set (I think, at least for now! )
Can get some great sounds out of the wah with it being traditional style, can sweep it, find a nice spot an leave it set like that for a few them move it again etc etc ...
Yeah im happy with this set up now :)

Edited by danny-79

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1398705810' post='2436788']
nice board!

having had a boss oc-3 for me the cog t-65 i have is a killer replacement.

im also interested in adding a trem think im gonna try the boss trem first tho

andy
[/quote]

Hah I'll sell you mine! Need it for a down payment on the cog version!

[quote name='Left Foot' timestamp='1398699633' post='2436714']
One of those DIY jobs from ikea. Ive already taken it out to few noise gigs and its a right pain in the arse not having a good sized bang for it. Nobody knows what to think when Im telling them how cheap it was to put together as Im struggling like mad to squeeze it into sports bag.

Ive chucked all the wires n that under the board and Im going to put a back and sides on it to save even more space by putting the power underneath and give it an angle, still feels better than the ball ache of setting it all up on the spot, just still slightly mental in this state. For bass Id have a COG fuzz and meatbox on their instead of Flanger Hoax, but not in that place.

Ha, so basically this is irrelevant and I just wanted to post.
[/quote]

Nice to see someone else with a flanger hoax. Some nice self oscillation off of that thing. I just wish i could replace its LFO with a digital one so i could tempo-sync it over midi with everything else i have.

Having had 2 power supplies blow on me (with one emitting smoke!!) my pedalboard is now up and running, all thanks to advice and info from out lovely Shep! Cheers man.

I'm in the process of adding the last couple of pedals and then I will add an updated pic.

While my main board was out of action, Swanflight did me a great deal on a smaller board to see me through gigs in the meantime, and once my full board is sorted, that will become the pedalboard for my Verellen Meatsmoke Pre-amp that is on order.

I have popped my amp in to Matamp, and Hayden is making an input for me to skip the GT200 pre, and just use the valve power section, so I will have a nice big choice of Matamp GT200, or 2 channels of Verellen Meatsmoke :D

Not exactly a pedalboard, but they are pedals... I just started tracking my solo album, and this is the setup for the 1st tune! The pedals change each session, so in not sticking them to a board for the time being.

[URL=http://s61.photobucket.com/user/pantherairsoft/media/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/F0FE2833-1487-4CD0-A190-D1547AD8ACCB_zps7uhihafe.jpg.html][IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/F0FE2833-1487-4CD0-A190-D1547AD8ACCB_zps7uhihafe.jpg[/IMG][/URL]