Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Increasingly also-playing-guitar so divided my board into two sections.

Left hand side is a complete guitar tube preamp with analog speaker emulation and a nice TC Trinity reverb pedal in its fx loop. This goes straight into a mixing desk/line in, bass rig or guitar amp (with the speaker sim switched off).
Right hand side is a complete bass preamp with analog speaker emulation and two nice dirtboxes by Darkglass. This goes straight into a mixing desk/line in or bass rig (with the speaker sim switched off).

This config also allows me to work on songs with our guitar player, simply plug the floorboard into my laptop and slap on a couple of headphones. Smart stuff with no modelling crap going on. Tons of tone!
A smaller and better 1A power adapter is on its way as the Gator has a really stupid tiny fragile retarded idiotic connector towards mains that keeps falling out.

[attachment=156187:fxboard_02_2014.jpg]

Just came here to post my Rick-O-Sound board and what do you know, the last comment is about it too!

Bridge Pickup- Darkglass Vintage, EHX Freeze
Neck Pickup- MXR Bass Octave Deluxe

The case is an old IKEA drawer, just cut the board to size and added hookover hinges and butterfly catches to secure it.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/goat_punisher/media/DSC_0244_zps16bf9186.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/goat_punisher/DSC_0244_zps16bf9186.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Picked up the Rat Tail this week and the TU-2 came in as well. Liking the small compact setup a lot, and lots of great drive tones. Going to stick the Diago Micropower under the PT Nano later this week and feel like changing my cables to red at some point too :)

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1394337655' post='2390442']
Studio today

3 channels 1 awesome bass sound
[/quote]

You must have a few phase issues with the board if you turn some FX on and off and are blending with the clean DI. I know the SFT and 442 invert the phase for sure. It can be fixed in the mix as long as the engineer knows about it!

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1394336723' post='2390441']
And a micro tuner so you fit more pedals, and a PT Pro next to it with all the cool stuff on ;)
[/quote]

Haha, cheers Ste. Did consider a Volto, and might end up going that way eventually. I'm not a fan of wires all over the place. Never played the original SFT, but really digging this 2nd version. Running it at 18v too.
Fully spent up now for a while so things will have to wait!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1394353733' post='2390482']

You must have a few phase issues with the board if you turn some FX on and off and are blending with the clean DI. I know the SFT and 442 invert the phase for sure. It can be fixed in the mix as long as the engineer knows about it!
[/quote]

Didn't use the 442 (also didn't know it inverted phase), SFT stayed one (& I did know about the phase issue) informed the producer and we were all good to go.

Signal chain was
Overwater into JDI thru I to Bassbone (no eq) fx loop into SFT and back to bassbone where the tuner out (pre fx loop) went out to the green muff into behringer GDI.

Sounded great just need to replace the behringer with the tech 21 GT-2

[quote name='umcoo' timestamp='1394360199' post='2390559']

Haha, cheers Ste. Did consider a Volto, and might end up going that way eventually. I'm not a fan of wires all over the place. Never played the original SFT, but really digging this 2nd version. Running it at 18v too.
Fully spent up now for a while so things will have to wait!
[/quote]

Yeah mines at 18v too can't tell too much difference just that it is still the best OD/dirty boost pedal ever

My freshly built pedal board. I have had a big chunk of raw oak laying around and I have been waiting to make this for a long time now. I'm super happy with it and it sounds great despite some minor phase issues with the x-blender.

[attachment=157224:IMAG0467.jpg]

I'm currently running this little setup. No board, partly because I'm cheap, and partly because I don't have enough hands to carry everything (carrying a bass, amp, backpack, and smoke machine is kind of inconvenient). Powered off a Diago PS01, running the daisy chain out from the tuner. Nothing too fancy, but it does the job.

Next additions will probably be a chorus and a fuzz, which I'm going to be building. So that should be fun.

[quote name='Awblaster' timestamp='1394496711' post='2392051']
I'm currently running this little setup. No board, partly because I'm cheap, and partly because I don't have enough hands to carry everything (carrying a bass, amp, backpack, and smoke machine is kind of inconvenient). Powered off a Diago PS01, running the daisy chain out from the tuner. Nothing too fancy, but it does the job.

Next additions will probably be a chorus and a fuzz, which I'm going to be building. So that should be fun.
[/quote]

You might want to rethink your power perhaps, if you're Daisy tuning from the Diego then you're probably fine, however if you're feeding the Tuner from the Diago, then Daisy chaining from the tuner, you're going to run out of juice almost instantly.
The TU-2 can only supply 200ma, the Cathedral requires 200ma on its own (or that's what the manual suggests).

Si

Bit of a re-jig of the board. After some sterling advice from Tom @ COG it's now set up with 2x parallel processing loops. Added a Carl Martin PSU too - seems very quiet and has isolated 9&12V outputs.

Chain is :

Bass-thumpinator-LS2-tuner-sansamp PBDDI

First loop has the M87 compressor in it
Second loop has the COG Knightfall-Corona-EQ. corona soon to be replaced with custom COG pedal (not chorus) .... ;-)

Working pretty well so far - lots of control over the clean vs. effected loops and goes straight into a Crown XLS1500 power amp / Berg AE212 setup.

Edited by intime-nick

Here are the latest incarnations of my two boards. I'm still hankering after a Vintage Microtubes for the big board, and the Mooer on the small board isn't doing it for me, so that'll be swapped for something else soon.

In the process of updating my board at the moment. I compared my clean signal, straight into amp, to my signal through the board and concluded that I need a bypass strip...

Looking at the Gigrig Quartermaster (relay tru-bypass + pretty expensive) or Brightonion (3PDT tru-bypass - Cheaper but more possibility of popping?). Any recommendations?