Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1391774799' post='2361117']
Still a work in progress, but aren't they all...

Out of shot: Diago Power Station, GigMan. To be added: MarkBass Super Synth, Sonuus Wahoo, a few others...
[/quote]

I'm liking the look of that. Just need to get it on a board now! :P

Also, by the looks of it, you have the coiled cable joining up the input and output of your "B" loop. Is that acting as a clean blend for the pedals in Loop "A"? If so, I'm pretty sure you don't need to actually run a cable between them - if you leave them both empty, it does the same job.

Unless of course I'm seeing it wrong, in which case carry on!

Paul

Edited by paulpirie8

[quote name='paulpirie8' timestamp='1391778242' post='2361171']
I'm liking the look of that. Just need to get it on a board now! :P

Also, by the looks of it, you have the coiled cable joining up the input and output of your "B" loop. Is that acting as a clean blend for the pedals in Loop "A"? If so, I'm pretty sure you don't need to actually run a cable between them - if you leave them both empty, it does the same job.

Unless of course I'm seeing it wrong, in which case carry on!
[/quote]

Thanks Paul, yes that's exactly the intent of the curly lead - mix in a clean signal with the fuzz (Bushy Bison), wah (105Q) or env filter (the Ashdown). I've not given the LS-2's manual too close a read, but I was totally oblivious to what you've suggested, and if that's the case, then it makes a big difference to the cabling - thanks!

I got the idea from a Scott Devine video where he does the same, but the B loop has an octave pedal on it for added low end. I just assumed I could do kind of the same but without the pedal, just a cable from B "out" to B "in".

I've just checked the manual at http://media.rolandus.com/manuals/LS-2_AD.pdf and I've clocked the top right diagram on the last page.

"A+B Mix -> Bypass Mode - You can mix effect and straight sounds to create a new effect", with the B channel empty. I'll give it a go and see what happens!

Re-shuffled my main board:

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/ekq8hd.jpg[/IMG]

Just felt like a bit of a change is all, nothing wrong with the old sounds. Although I did want to streamline power & tuning, so off came the T-Rex Juicy Lucy & TU-2, on goes Diago & TC. Just for some rotation, Fuzzrocious Dark Driving has replaced the COG 66 & because of the tuner/power change, had space to add the Mammoth clone I built :)
Oh also moved OC-2 to post dirt rather than pre, MUCH better!

Si

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1391819814' post='2361802']
shouldn't we all be out boozing, who'd have thought midnight on a friday night was rush-hour for pedal updates! ;)
[/quote]

I started mine at 7pm. Including an hour break for dinner and The Last Leg I've only just finished.

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1391819233' post='2361793']
nice and compact! so are you another 'OC-2 after dirt' advocate too?? I just don't get on with my OC-2 after o/d or fuzz, but it seems to be how most people run their boards!
[/quote]

I'm a bit of a convert, although it always depends what you want to achieve. For this band I rarely use OC-2 with dirt, but when I do, I want to retain the subby lows, not compress it out with the dirt pedals. So I get slightly 'duller' dirt with the OC-2 on, but sounds massive ;)

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1391820807' post='2361810']
I'm a bit of a convert, although it always depends what you want to achieve. For this band I rarely use OC-2 with dirt, but when I do, I want to retain the subby lows, not compress it out with the dirt pedals. So I get slightly 'duller' dirt with the OC-2 on, but sounds massive ;)

Si
[/quote]

surely you could squeeze another OC-2 on there for pre and post? Not like you're short of a few ;)

Yeah it's cool, real grindy, and surpringly more gain in the mix than I thought. I thought I'd have to max the gain, but ended up winding it back a bit!

Need to re-jiggle the board as the Mammoth enclosure doesn't lend itself to being the 2nd row on the flat. Don't have enough clearance for a riser though with how I store/transport it.
Also think I need the tuner at the end of the chain as there seems to be some weirdness with the Polytune having a gain pedal after it!

Si

• 2 weeks later...
:hi: 2014: Pedal board (update).. won a pre loved 'SGT Pepper' pedal board at auction and it arrived yesterday. The chain is (right to left): -

Loop 1: OC2 > Auto Q | Loop 2: Shaker > Coroner > Vortex > Alter Ego > HOF | Output: Nova Dynamics > Polytune > Sonic Stomp | to amp..

** the polytune IS in an illogical position, and when I can stop noodling for five-minutes, I will try and sort it out! :)

..and here it is again, but someone turned out the lights :rolleyes:

Edited by SimonEdward

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1393180372' post='2377060']
Si, may be a bad comparison, but can you get sounds similar to an OCD/Demon from the 66 Knightfall?
[/quote]

They're all a very similar circuit, albeit with some component/architectural changes, and with the 66, some significant feature additions.
I'm currently running my 66 with Germaniums in channel 1 and LEDs in channel 2, the OCD circuit, same as the DEMON, is traditional MOSFET clipping.
As such, the answer is yes, the 66 can get OCD/DEMON-esque tones, but a lot more to boot!

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1393236563' post='2377547']
They're all a very similar circuit, albeit with some component/architectural changes, and with the 66, some significant feature additions.
I'm currently running my 66 with Germaniums in channel 1 and LEDs in channel 2, the OCD circuit, same as the DEMON, is traditional MOSFET clipping.
As such, the answer is yes, the 66 can get OCD/DEMON-esque tones, but a lot more to boot!

Si
[/quote]

Lovely stuff! I assume it can get pretty high gain as well? Have you been able to get anywhere near the scooped B3K-type tone from it as well at all?

Tom's stuff's already on my board, but I'm looking to cover as many dirt tones with as few dirt boxes as possible! ;)

Thanks Si :)

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1393237200' post='2377555']
Lovely stuff! I assume it can get pretty high gain as well? Have you been able to get anywhere near the scooped B3K-type tone from it as well at all?

Tom's stuff's already on my board, but I'm looking to cover as many dirt tones with as few dirt boxes as possible! ;)

Thanks Si :)
[/quote]

It's not mega high-gain, but then I don't need it to be. I simply needed 2 channels of gain in as smaller a footprint as possible.
Did you see the video demo I did for the 66 on youtube?
Not had it sounding like a B3K, but then I'm not a fan of the B3K/B7K tone, so that's fine by me ;)

Si