Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

IMG_20240506_123611_617.thumb.jpg.17d773f9bb70fb078ceec809f03d660f.jpg

Don't frequent these parts too much now I'm a multi effects guy, but thought I'd share the current board!

All mounted to a Rockboard Tres 3.1, patched through a Mod 3 module.  A little jump patch lead let's me quickly switch from wireless to wired as needed.  The Chunk OS is the new toy (it's PHENOMENAL!!) and is patched into a QC effects loop, where it works brilliantly.  Also, because input gain of the loop can be set per scene on the QC, it effectively means the input gain of the OS is programmable, which is really useful when OS patches can be so sensitive to input dB. 

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

The current version of my bass board. This serves as my whole live rig, with IEMs having a separate signal chain that ends at the rolls pm50. I then have a custom signal/IEM cable. The IEM line also doubles as a signal chain for feeding my two Headrush frfr112s if I’m at a festival and don’t want to run on in ears. 
what’s odd about this set up I guess is the sheer amount of preamps!

The nux acts as a front end and hpf, the sadowsky is really for my jazz bass, but it stays on mostly for everything. The mooer clean boost is for my GMR which is lower output and the sparrow is on the IEM feed to tone tweak headphones or my Headrush set up. The boom ave is there purely because I happen to enjoy the octaver on it and I like to be able to quickly add it over patches on the zoom that don’t already have it. 
whilst the zoom B9 is a bit of an antique these days, I find I just love the thing and always keep at least one spare one, as they are getting on a bit now and I’ve killed a few, but it really is my core tone (heard in the Rio cover below) with just a touch of the Walter woods amp model through an SWR 4x10 cab sim. The zoom ms60b beefs up the amp emulation in my IEMs to give me more of a live feel while providing dual outputs the Headrush(s). 
FOH DI is from the zoom, pre the ms60 and sparrow. But there are multiple Di options for a blend channel. The cheap eq is linked to the loop switch purely for a bass cut in a royal blood song.  Linked below. 
it’s an odd set up, but works for me. I’m currently mulling a switch to helix, but don’t want to lose my big synth sound that I use in a few tunes like the cover of Blinding lights linked below  (bass had to redone and is slightly out of sync, but you get the idea) I’m unsure if it’s possible to create this sound in a helix  

IMG_0967.jpeg

Edited by gafbass02
  • Like 9

This is my current board based on the Aclam XS1.  In order to maximise space I replaced the end cheeks with pieces of right-angle aluminium faced with self-adhesive silicon rubber strip.  Underneath is a Thumpinator and the rechargeable battery pack.

DSC01970.thumb.JPG.4f34854e67664fd2e59b1528a36a9257.JPG

DSC01971.thumb.JPG.859ead9d595f9f8deb1e00fb2face3cc.JPG

It is my intention to  replace the Sweeper, the Subnup and possibly the Tuner, BDDI and Thumpinator with an HX Stomp. 

There are however a couple of issues with this.

1.  I need to change over from battery power to mains power as the battery pack does not have enough capacity for the HX Stomp. Not a big deal just need some cash.

2. Going from the the Cali76 to the Stomp will mean that the Tuner function is after the compressor which is not recommended.  Would it be sensible to put an FX Loop as the first block of The Stomp and run the compressor on that?

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, obbm said:

This is my current board based on the Aclam XS1.  In order to maximise space I replaced the end cheeks with pieces of right-angle aluminium faced with self-adhesive silicon rubber strip.  Underneath is a Thumpinator and the rechargeable battery pack.

It is my intention to  replace the Sweeper, the Subnup and possibly the Tuner, BDDI and Thumpinator with an HX Stomp. 

1.  I need to change over from battery power to mains power as the battery pack does not have enough capacity for the HX Stomp. Not a big deal just need some cash.

2. Going from the the Cali76 to the Stomp will mean that the Tuner function is after the compressor which is not recommended.  Would it be sensible to put an FX Loop as the first block of The Stomp and run the compressor on that?

Small and stylish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, obbm said:

I have a comp in front of the Stomp and never had an issue. That said if you put it in the loop you can move it for different patches at the cost of a block. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Latest iteration of my board.  Still using the Rockboard Tres 3.0 and the Providence Dual Bass Station, but my purchase of the new Boss Katana 500 head means my trusty Boss MS-3 has been replaced by the Boss GA-FC, which switches the onboard effects.

I’ve also added a TU tuner, as the amp doesn’t have one onboard.

IMG_3985.jpeg

The Rockboard Power LT XL still sits on the shelf and powers the Providence via 12v adapter, as well as the tuner.

IMG_3986.jpeg

Basses go into the Providence and out of the Mod 2.0 to the amp.  A stereo cable also comes out of the Mod 2.0 to connect the GA-FC  to the amp. 

IMG_3987.jpeg

Edited by franzbassist
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, franzbassist said:

Latest iteration of my board.  Still using the Rockboard Tres 3.0 and the Providence Dual Bass Station, but my purchase of the new Boss Katana 500 head means my trusty Boss MS-3 has been replaced by the Boss GA-FC, which switches the onboard effects.

IMG_3985.jpeg

The Rockboard Power LT XL still sits on the shelf and powers the Providence via 12v adapter, as well as the tuner.

IMG_3986.jpeg

Basses go into the Providence and out of the Mod 2.0 to the amp.  A stereo cable also comes out of the Mod 2.0 to connect the GA-FC  to the amp. 

IMG_3987.jpeg

Every time I see the TU-3s, I can't help thinking it's a TU-3 that's been in a terrible accident...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, franzbassist said:

IMG_3985.jpeg

IMG_3986.jpeg

IMG_3987.jpeg

Nice! I’ve just bought a Providence dual preamp and I’ve been really impressed, so much clean headroom and very nice EQ!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paddy777 said:

Nice! I’ve just bought a Providence dual preamp and I’ve been really impressed, so much clean headroom and very nice EQ!

Yes, I've used one for years.  Lovely bit of kit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ian McFly said:

img_0273-jpeg.5432870

Here’s the latest iteration of my Nano pedalboard. Sounds great :)

Like the look of that! What’s your thoughts on the DCX Bass/how do you use it? I’ve nearly bought one a couple of times and then changed my mind - do you rate it?

• Like 1

Just got back from a Sweden tour with this pedalboard, with most of it sourced from here!

The Starlifter and compressor are absolute gems and are staying put for the long haul. The OC5 has been a solid addition for octaves. Considering swapping out the Aftershock for a Pork 'n' Pickle as I don't need such complex overdrive. Also thinking of letting go of the Phaser since I don't use it much.

If I could manage to power a Boss GT1000 Core or an HX Stomp alongside the Starlifter, I might consider going hybrid. But for now, this setup works fine, just looking for a couple of tweaks.

(And that empty space on the board is really bugging my OCD!)

Pedalboard.jpg

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bassist_lewis said:

How do you find the DCX bass? I find it a bit weird. not quite a distortion, not quite a fuzz

Good thing I don’t want either :)

Works great as an OD or in EQ mode on the verge of break up, it enhances my tone beautifully, it adds that extra magic on top. 
Effectively the core of my sound is Cali + SansAmp, I could potentially do without the DCX, but when I turn it on, it adds that little thing on top that I like. Very versatile pedal. 

Edited by Ian McFly
  • Like 3

On 09/05/2024 at 07:11, neepheid said:

Every time I see the TU-3s, I can't help thinking it's a TU-3 that's been in a terrible accident...

I had to look three times 

After managing to track down another EBS Microbass (albeit a 2j from Graham from this very parish, (Thanks once again mate)

I’ve upgraded my travel/flyboard for when I’m not using a transmitter pack, or on small club stages.

The main band I play with operate a silent stage with no backline, so a decent preamp is a must.

I really like the EBS tone, so having one for each board is luxury…

It’s nice having the option now, especially when trying to travel as light as possible…

IMG_0637.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

Mine is pretty simple now: wireless > compressor > preamp (with overdrive in the loop) > desk.   Powered by two rechargeable batteries.  

PXL_20240516_075306036~2.jpg

PXL_20240516_075316204.jpg

Edited by Kirky
  • Like 5