Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

2 minutes ago, thisisswanbon said:

I regret moving my hotone on - has the latest update made much of an improvement?

I would say a transformative update. I used the scenes function last night and it's excellent. The drum machine is a useful practice tool. I've only updated it recently so not looked that deeply into it yet but already it's a win. New desktop software too.

It's like a new pedal.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Help to clear up my confusion...

...is it pronunced 'hot one' or 'ho tone'..?

I say hot tone. Maybe not logical but it just feels right 

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Help to clear up my confusion...

...is it pronunced 'hot one' or 'ho tone'..?

Litterally what I came her to ask. I always say Hoe Tone, but not sure that is right.

My second post on this forum, with the most important subject for a bass player : )

Pedalboard for my punk-ish drums + bass-guitar DUO:

IMG_20240503_185642.thumb.jpg.3345a3852d516e3ac1b5b39707e1f778.jpg

• Like 11

51 minutes ago, BEADist said:

My second post on this forum, with the most important subject for a bass player : )

Pedalboard for my punk-ish drums + bass-guitar DUO:

IMG_20240503_185642.thumb.jpg.3345a3852d516e3ac1b5b39707e1f778.jpg

What's the Korg tuner?  That's purrrrrty. Lol

• Like 3

On 18/04/2024 at 21:24, admiralchew said:

There's one more board to go; a certain sci-fi film series themed board but there's one pedal I'm waiting on which will hopefully be here in the next couple of weeks or so.

The pedal I was waiting on to finish my sci-fi board arrived this week and the board is ready! Thanks to @lee650 for selling me the pedal that got the ball rolling a couple of years ago and to @pbasspecial and @andybassdoyle for a couple of other excellent pedals.

The signal chain is:

WTF > T-65 > Grand Tarkin > Destroyer Bass Fuzz > Dual Knightfall > Tarkinfall > Han-Taun > Kaiburr > No Moon > Resurrector > Hyperspace Bass Chorus > Darth Fazer > Harmochorus > Blue Harvest > Dark Father

T-65 FX Loop: Boba Fuzz

Sci-fi.thumb.jpg.8e835e3736a94c3465d2b9a0b1ac80de.jpg

Sci-fiBack.thumb.jpg.1a5cc3f96c3062b70c6da247914eccc7.jpg

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, itu said:

Pretty big one! Is the weight closer to an X-wing or a Death star?

I’d say the second Death Star if it had been finished. It’s actually not too bad because some of the enclosures hide quite light pedals. It is a bit of a beast though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, admiralchew said:

The pedal I was waiting on to finish my sci-fi board arrived this week and the board is ready! Thanks to @lee650 for selling me the pedal that got the ball rolling a couple of years ago and to @pbasspecial and @andybassdoyle for a couple of other excellent pedals.

The signal chain is:

WTF > T-65 > Grand Tarkin > Destroyer Bass Fuzz > Dual Knightfall > Tarkinfall > Han-Taun > Kaiburr > No Moon > Resurrector > Hyperspace Bass Chorus > Darth Fazer > Harmochorus > Blue Harvest > Dark Father

T-65 FX Loop: Boba Fuzz

Sci-fi.thumb.jpg.8e835e3736a94c3465d2b9a0b1ac80de.jpg

Sci-fiBack.thumb.jpg.1a5cc3f96c3062b70c6da247914eccc7.jpg

That’s so cool!

I think I might give the quad series ago if I scale up again. I went for tres, it fits 2 rows but pretty tight and nearly always has overhang of pedals. Having the extra space for cables looks way more practical and tidy I think. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, itu said:

Pretty big one! Is the weight closer to an X-wing or a Death star?

Carry it to a gig, or carry it not, there in no try

Edited by LukeFRC
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MrDinsdale said:

That’s so cool!

I think I might give the quad series ago if I scale up again. I went for tres, it fits 2 rows but pretty tight and nearly always has overhang of pedals. Having the extra space for cables looks way more practical and tidy I think. 

Absolutely amazing. 

Do you accept visitors?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

I’d definitely welcome visitors on my pedalboard if there are any pedals out there who want a place to stay 🙌

D'oh!

I meant that reply for the admiral!

• Haha 1

84834415-6C2B-442B-8641-468799B8E2E8_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.3d265816a61ce8cc8484407070fa2eff.jpeg

Nothing too drastic since the last time I posted the board. The new pedal is the Mooer Soul Shiver, which is an odd bird. Its effects don't quite follow the conventional expectations. The Vibrato setting has some Tremolo going on, while the Rotary does a better Chorus than the Chorus setting. For the little it cost, I'm impressed, though I don't use it heavily. I got it since I thought my Bass VI could use a bit of that.

After the Peterson tuner and the Orange KongPressor, the main change is the way I'm using the Complicator (the Simplifier clone) at the heart of the setup. I don't really need the parallel loops since I mostly have effects with blend controls anyway, avoiding the dreaded tone suck. So I've reconfigured it to give me two switchable channels:

1. Green (main) channel: Parallel Send to the MXR bass octave deluxe, Mosky Silver Horse (Klone, low gain) and JHS 3 Series Phaser to the Donner A/B switch. (Yep, I still think Phaser is a must-have, and this is a good one.)
  2. Red (alt) Channel: Complicator Internal Preamp section (mild gain) to Preamp Send, T-Rex Diva Drive, Tone City Matcha Cream Fuzz, Mooer Soul Shiver and Sonicake Sonic Ambience, to the Donner A/B switch. (The Matcha Cream fuzz, which is not subtle, doesn't kill the bass if I keep the tone setting low.)

Then from the switch Y output back to the Parallel return and cab sim. I use the headphone output to the USB-powered wireless transmitter for my wireless "TV" headphones; they do colour the sound a little, but it's good for practice. I can feed music from my old iPad to the Aux in too.

Plans? I'm thinking about a different fuzz, maybe the Pigtronix Octava Micro. I'm still searching for a good pseudo-8-string tone, so I want a solid octave up, analogue if possible. I've read good things about the Pigtronix here and elsewhere.

• Like 4