Why become a member? ×

Now even sausage, fingered, bass players can play guitar!

gjones

Half of me thinks 'ridiculous', the other half thinks 'brilliant'.

The other half (. . . er . . . ) thinks that all the time and energy he put into designing and building that gizmo would have been more than enough to learn five simple chords and left the door open to learning further chords rather than giving him a 'hard' limit of just five.

But hey, it looks like a fun little project, so why not? As he said, it's not for musicians.

Bugger, this thread title has me intrigued but my mobile browser (opera) won't load the plug in. I may never know what this brilliant invention is! I will not rest until this injustice is put right! Or someone kindly supplies a link, pretty please.

Cheers

Pete

[quote name='4stringslow' timestamp='1468317869' post='3090036']
Try this : http://www.guitarworld.com/gear-news-accessories-viral-videos/why-learn-guitar-old-fashioned-way-meet-chordelia/29425
[/quote]
Thank you very much, I can now rest easy 😊. It looks a bit bulky but I could see it having a market with a few modifications.

[quote name='bobbass4k' timestamp='1468327985' post='3090147']
May I suggest that the commas in the title be rearranged? Or at least the content of the thread revised to avoid disappointment.
[/quote]

You mean someone might think that a sausage can play guitar?

There have been similar devices for ukulele going back as far as the 20s, but I'm not sure if there was ever a guitar version of those. [url="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chord_Master"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chord_Master[/url]
Still, the chap has such enthusiasm about his invention that it would feel mean-spirited to take the pee. Although part of me does wonder whether the autoharp solved this issue a century ago...

[quote name='Barking Spiders' timestamp='1468337378' post='3090254']
what about F# Bflat 9 at the 8th fret? <_<
[/quote]

I was about to say it's lucky for him that there are only those 5 chords that it's set up to play in the whole of music but I forgot about that one. Drat!

Edited by Painy

My brother's disabled but likes strum on a guitar, not making any kind of music or anything just "playing".. it puts a smile in on his face.
This device could probably help him play something a little more in tune as he doesn't really have the dexterity in his hands.

So ridiculous to some maybe but it could be useful to others I reckon! :happy:

Edited by Sammers

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1468282552' post='3089881']
Now even sausage, fingered, bass players can play guitar!
[/quote]

Did someone mention me?

I thought it was going to be a guitar with 19mm string spacing and thick strings - oh wait, isn't that a six string bass?

I thought the video was a good laugh to watch though!