Why become a member? ×

Tim Commerfords new bass rig.....open the biscuits, pull up a chair and wait for it :-)

Mudpup

So which is it?

Is it good to overpower the FOH mix or not?

If it's not overpowering the FOH mix then the audience aren't hearing the cab directly... and the loudness of the cabs is kind of a moot point.

Or if it is...

That's not very good for a balanced FOH mix is it?

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1464872586' post='3063347']
So which is it?

Is it good to overpower the FOH mix or not?

If it's not overpowering the FOH mix then the audience aren't hearing the cab directly... and the loudness of the cabs is kind of a moot point.

Or if it is...

That's not very good for a balanced FOH mix is it?
[/quote]

Sorry, I thought it was clear that I was being sarcastic. He's not overpowering the FOH. You can probably hear a mix of the rig and FOH in the venue but it's very difficult to judge from a phone video. That would be fairly standard for a venue that size anyway.

Is anyone actually claiming that the BF cabs are contributing masses to his FOH or recorded tone? They're probably playing a small part in a very complicated chain and mix.

All I'm saying is that if he likes them, they must be ace

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1464873236' post='3063362']
I should learn not to get drawn into these, but interesting point on big amps. It does come up every now and then and perhaps this isn't the thread to address it in, but a big rig doesn't necessarily mean loudness. I find that with a larger rig I can play quieter without losing myself in the mix, or finding so much boominess from room resonances. There is also the matter of increased headroom, so chances are a seasoned pro with a huge rig isn't so much blasting the room, as providing him/herself with higher headroom and better stage monitoring. That and providing the 'look' of a massive rock rig, which no 1x10 will ever achieve. Unless you were to remove and block the other seven drivers in your 8x10, of course...
[/quote]

All that and the in ears, the cabs might not even be plugged in, must be 'the looks' he likes, tee hee.

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1464873290' post='3063365']
All I'm saying is that if he likes them, they must be ace.
[/quote]

And that's the bottom line. Another high-profile bass player has chosen Barefaced cabs out of all possible brands. Well done to Barefaced and congratulations to Alex, who put his money where his mouth is, persisted with what he thought was right and has succeeded. He is totally vindicated as far as I'm concerned.

I've never personally understood the vehemence levelled at Barefaced on this forum and remain astonished at the lengths some people will go to to belittle and criticise a product that, in some cases, they have never heard, used, gigged with or even seen with their own eyes.

But it doesn't matter now. Those who like Barefaced cabs will continue to buy, use and endorse them regardless of the increasingly desperate forum nonsense from self-proclaimed 'experts', of which this thread is just the latest manifestation. I know when I'm onto a good thing - and so do an ever-increasing number of people who are beginning to understand.

I'm done now, and so are the critics. That is all.

Edited by discreet

This is that guy from that shouty 90s band some of my angry at the world friends were into at school... had no idea he was still going.

Nice rig though... although he could probably ditch those heads in favor of something lighter... :ph34r:

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1464873736' post='3063375']
Finally.
[/quote]

Finally what? That post implies we were in the throws of battle and you've just won? If that's how you feel then well done!

All I ever said on this thread is that it's a great endorsement, and honestly it feels like you have been picking away at my posts, attempting to prove me wrong about something.

I always thought you were a pretty cool dude and liked and respected your posting style. I guess I should have continued to avoid the BF threads but Timmy C is a bit of an idol for me so I thought I'd join in.

Tim Commerford is a fantastic bass player and to say he's obsessive about his tone and equipment he uses would be a massive understatement.

Absolute credit to Barefaced and Alex for the hard work and perseverance to get the company to where it is now.

Great news for a small British company

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1464877361' post='3063426']
Tim Commerford is a fantastic bass player and to say he's obsessive about his tone and equipment he uses would be a massive understatement.

Absolute credit to Barefaced and Alex for the hard work and perseverance to get the company to where it is now.

Great news for a small British company
[/quote]
This, just this!

[quote name='AndrewJordan' timestamp='1464875965' post='3063405']

And with that question you have kind of reinforced Alex's point!
[/quote]

No, it's called a control. If you are measuring one variable, you have to keep the other a constant - aka a control.