Why become a member? ×

Small gestures make a difference

SICbass

Hi All,

just a quick story that restores my faith in human nature.
I have a bass on sale, both here and on Ebay small ads. 2 of the knobs (not the pots themselves) were missing. The bass is from the 80s and the manufacturer no longer make identical replacement ones.

So, out of the blue, a bloke gets in touch telling me he has a couple lying in his spare parts box and would I like to have them for the cost of postage.
As if that's not nice enough, when I sent him my address and asked where I should send the money to (my intention was to have added a few quid to the amount, just for his trouble like), he replied that he was only joking about the postage costs and I could have them for free. The knobs arrived yesterday and are perfect.

What a top chap. Such examples of kindness really makes life feel better I think.

So, have a good one guys :)

I've had similar when I noticed a couple of the white end caps from the EQ sliders on my TE combo had come off someone just posted me a couple for no charge. I've had odd cheap bits put in with larger orders to axes r us that weren't charged as well in the distant past.

The kindness is strangers never ceases to amaze me. I have recently benefited from such an act. After a 4 hour Rehersal I was getting ready to pack my gear up when I was struck with what turned out to be a severe bout of Labryithits which effects your inner ear. I could barley stand up and was extremely nauseas and in no position to drive home. I had a car full of bass gear, miles from home and not able to stand up straight.
The owner of the Rehersal studio who I had never met or spoken to before noticed I was still outside the building and in some distress when he was locking up. He checked me over then told me to sit in the passenger seat. He then jumped into the driver seat and drove me and all my equipment home, while his wife followed behind in their car.
This was such an unexpected gesture and greatly appreciated as I was totally incapacitated with the attack of Labryinthits that I had no way of getting home. This guy was a real star who went out of his way to help a stranger when he could of just locked up his premises and drove straight past me. He is deffinatley due some good karma