Why become a member? ×

Teenage fumbling background music

The Admiral

No, it's not a lost Peter Gabriel album, but rather a thread inspired by the 'Classic Albums you should hear thread'.

One of the ones which came up was the unlikely background music of choice of an old goth girlfriend, if we were 'spending the evening on the sofa' shall we say : The The - Soul Mining

Norris then chipped in on the same thread with an album with similar happy memories for him : Thomas Dolby - The golden age of wireless.

I though it might be interesting to explore some of the other ecelectic choices from the BC collectives amorous past.

Given that a good percentage of 30 something's will have been conceived to Sade, or Luther Vandross, what were the more left field choices........?

Probably Dire Straits, Alchemy. Highly recommended, it's not that long but feels like it is.

Also, I'm quite proud that I managed to keep a lady friend occupied without any complaint during the entire side 2 (that's track 4-7, CD fans) of The Yes Album.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Here's one that sticks out for me. I'd finally got with a girl who I'd been friends with since around 13. We were 17 and it was the most magical time. Everything fitted together like a jigsaw puzzle, just walking on the outskirts of town hand in hand back to her house.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We were together for 3 years. She went to Uni and ended up with someone else. When we broke up I truly cried as she was the first girl I'd ever loved. During the break-up I realized what a decent guy my Dad was, he was totally solid in everything while I fell apart.[/font][/color]

http://youtu.be/tuWZEhbe8x8

[quote name='Bassman Steve' timestamp='1424030896' post='2691810']
Rather unromantically 'Cause we've ended as lovers' from Blow By Blow Jeff Beck.
[/quote]

Similar to the above, "No More I Love You's" by The Lover Speaks, still listen to it today (the original of course not the Annie Lennox version)

Great bass line as well

Edited by Roger2611