Why become a member? ×

Jeez, i hate crap like this. God awful..

bubinga5

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1408035478' post='2526514']
They don't make 'em like that any more! :lol:
[/quote]

Indeed, though it is no laughing matter. Mr Blackman was an exponent of musical agit-prop at a time when it was neither popular nor profitable. Consider:

The choice of song - Mule Train - is designed to evoke the sense of endless, enforced labour, each slave harnessed to his fellow. The Mule is quite clearly representative of Oppressed Man.

The tin tray is a symbol for Revolution while Mr Blackman's head and torso are emblematic of the existing body politic. Each blow he strikes upon himself is analogous of the blows that Revolution must make upon the fortress of Reaction.

In beating himself thusly he makes a personal sacrifice on all our behalves; it must have bloody hurt, doing that twice nightly and three times on matinee days.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1408025624' post='2526367']
I don't like slagging people off, but this guy has gone to far.!!! :lol:

What the hell does this guy think he's doing.!!?? i looked in horror when i saw this guy drumming.. he looks like he's having a fit at 0.40. does he actually think this looks cool.??? and he stole the show.?

the music is very cheesy too, with the cabaret man on vocals.. i hate stupid show boating like this. its as empty as a cheeseburger wrapper.
[/quote]

But worth sharing and therefore reinforcing his fame? ;)

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1408035835' post='2526518']
If it is the same guy as has been doing the rounds, I wouldn't like it especially if detremental
to his playing....

Now.... this guy is a whole different keetle of fish..
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muisPg2ti8Y"]https://www.youtube....h?v=muisPg2ti8Y[/url]

watch to the end...
[/quote]

Now that.... is class B)[size=4] [/size]
[size=4]Anyone know what the bass is? I saw one very similar locally and it sounded amazing, I've wondered what it was since then![/size]

That's why they call it show business! (Unfortunately the rest of the band is awful.)

And I think that people keep posting this, not because they think that they are the first, but because it perpetuated the joke.
The challenge is to sneak it in under the radar so that people don't realise what it is until it is too late.

[quote name='BassTool' timestamp='1408037830' post='2526546']

Now that.... is class B)[size=4] [/size]
[size=4]Anyone know what the bass is? I saw one very similar locally and it sounded amazing, I've wondered what it was since then![/size]
[/quote]
I believe it's a Ken Bebensee

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1408038062' post='2526549']
Looks like a Carl Thompson to me...
[/quote][quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1408038571' post='2526557']
[/quote]

I dunno, but it wouldn't look out of place round Les Claypool's neck.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1408036544' post='2526530']

Indeed, though it is no laughing matter. Mr Blackman was an exponent of musical agit-prop at a time when it was neither popular nor profitable. Consider:

The choice of song - Mule Train - is designed to evoke the sense of endless, enforced labour, each slave harnessed to his fellow. The Mule is quite clearly representative of Oppressed Man.

The tin tray is a symbol for Revolution while Mr Blackman's head and torso are emblematic of the existing body politic. Each blow he strikes upon himself is analogous of the blows that Revolution must make upon the fortress of Reaction.

In beating himself thusly he makes a personal sacrifice on all our behalves; it must have bloody hurt, doing that twice nightly and three times on matinee days.
[/quote]
Thanks, now my coffee is on the floor!

Alas, 'twas always thus and ever shall be. People want 'entertainment' - be it kittens in drag or outrageous drummers. Salivating dogs, the lot of 'em (shuffles back to cave to resume intellectually superior hermitage to disapprove or popular culture from afar….)

I actually follow the guy on Facebook. And unlike the mind blowing arrogance and snorting down noses seen from some in this thread he seems like a genuine, humble guy. But then I thought music was about entertainment not elitism. Guess I've been wrong all these years.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1408038062' post='2526549']
Looks like a Carl Thompson to me...
[/quote][size=4][quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1408038571' post='2526557'][/size]
[/quote][size=4][quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1408046321' post='2526656'][/size]
It's definitely Robert Hurst on his Ken Bebensee bass.
[/quote]

Thanks chaps, that's three new names for me to check out! B)[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1408025624' post='2526367']
I don't like slagging people off, but this guy has gone to far.!!! :lol:

What the hell does this guy think he's doing.!!?? i looked in horror when i saw this guy drumming.. he looks like he's having a fit at 0.40. does he actually think this looks cool.??? and he stole the show.?

the music is very cheesy too, with the cabaret man on vocals.. i hate stupid show boating like this. its as empty as a cheeseburger wrapper. only my opinion of course.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154433994300357&fref=nf"]http://www.facebook....4300357&fref=nf[/url]
[/quote]

Wow, You are missing the point completely. This guy a few years ago was an internet sensation as he was taped doing this kinda stuff whilst playing some M.O.R rock songs in a cabaret band. The crowd thoroughly enjoyed the show and so did the tens of millions of people that watched the video. He then got famous from it. And clearly this is just a spot on a TV show where he's getting paid to do what people want to see him do.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1408053546' post='2526767']
So I guess you don't approve of acts like Louis Jordan, Smothers Brothers, Flight of the Conchords, or even Fishbone?
[/quote]

I'm not really arsed one way or the other. Popular culture is designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator because that's what shifts units. You can choose to consume it or not.

That said, I enjoy all of the above artists, and many more 'variety' acts of their ilk.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1408092726' post='2526952']
He's great! I'd have him in my band.

He would need to get a decent haircut and some better clothes first though ;-)
[/quote]

Yep. Love a showboating drummer.