Why become a member? ×

Jeez, i hate crap like this. God awful..

bubinga5

I don't like slagging people off, but this guy has gone to far.!!! :lol:

What the hell does this guy think he's doing.!!?? i looked in horror when i saw this guy drumming.. he looks like he's having a fit at 0.40. does he actually think this looks cool.??? and he stole the show.?

the music is very cheesy too, with the cabaret man on vocals.. i hate stupid show boating like this. its as empty as a cheeseburger wrapper. only my opinion of course.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154433994300357&fref=nf"]http://www.facebook....4300357&fref=nf[/url]

Edited by bubinga5

Definitely at the wrong gig ;-)

I'm surprised that you don't recognise him - the "This Drummer is at the Wrong Gig" YT vid went viral, and is infamous on Basschat as a "the video that people keep bloody posting thinking that they are the first ones"

It appears that said drummer has been cashing in on his sudden fame.

Edited by Roland Rock

It has a certain novelty factor. There was a video of a different concert of him doing the same thing a year or so ago that had thousands of likes. I guess he is just cashing in on his new found fame. It is no different to Hendrix playing with his teeth or townshend smashing up his guitar.

I don't think he's a great player by any stretch but since the 'drummer at the wrong gig' video he's had
companies throwing gear at him and been getting loads of publicity,including appearing in an episode
of The Office. The showboating clearly worked for him.

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1408029006' post='2526414']
I don't think he's a great player by any stretch but since the 'drummer at the wrong gig' video he's had
companies throwing gear at him and been getting loads of publicity,including appearing in an episode
of The Office. The showboating clearly worked for him.
[/quote] i really don't care about gear or any endorsement.. not everything is based on becoming famous or getting gear thrown at you. and its not about his talent as a drummer. its the way that he projects himself. (no snootiness intended) its all about a bit of self respect.

I was briefly in a band where the drummer ran around the stage, he was like a rubber ball, never still, loads of energy, he would run around & gee the crowd up stand up & play ....
He was a great drummer & was brilliant to watch. He was one of the best drummer's i've ever seen. he was only very young & if he isnt still playing somewhere it would be a great loss.

Drummers are lost behind their kit, there is no law to say they should do the traditional sit still and do nothing.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1408025624' post='2526367']
and he stole the show.?

the music is very cheesy too, with the cabaret man on vocals..
[/quote]

He didn't steal the show. When you bring on a showbiz drummer and put him in front of the band, he's not stealing the show, he IS the show.

Couldn't agree with you more about the appalling treatment of a great rock song, especially those vocals.

Edited by Happy Jack

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1408031233' post='2526443']
i really don't care about gear or any endorsement.. not everything is based on becoming famous or getting gear thrown at you. and its not about his talent as a drummer. its the way that he projects himself. (no snootiness intended) its all about a bit of self respect.
[/quote]
What about self respect? He's put himself out there as a very animated showman and it's put him in a position where
a lot of people are talking about him. I'm sure he's got plenty of self respect-if he didn't he wouldn't have capitalised on
the success of the first video.

It's something of a tradition in the drumming world; some drummers are less inhibited than some bass players...

[media]http://youtu.be/141o_jwG7cA[/media]

... and ...

http://youtu.be/Ljo1rgdqU5Q

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1408032108' post='2526460']
What about self respect? He's put himself out there as a very animated showman and it's put him in a position where
a lot of people are talking about him. I'm sure he's got plenty of self respect-if he didn't he wouldn't have capitalised on
the success of the first video.
[/quote] i don't really care, it has no substance for me I'm afraid. just a guy writhing around playing drums to a rubbish cover on a show. i did say it was just my opinion.

I don't mind watching the drummer; he's the most entertaining element of an otherwise unremarkable band though I'd probably get tired of him after a few numbers. I'm still trying to make my mind up about Michael Manring and his constant tuning changes during 'The Enormous Room'...

http://youtu.be/aY4Ra2KOyas

It is disgraceful that the power of music to change society and address the profoundest of issues can be diluted by cheap hawkers of 'fun' and 'entertainment'.

For a truly searing social indictment we must turn to Mr Bob Blackman's performance of Mule Train with tin-tray percussion. The whole vid only lasts 88 secs but those pressed for time can bathe in his unbending indignation at about 0:33

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8IbvVTXOIo[/media]

[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1408033251' post='2526481']
i don't really care, it has no substance for me I'm afraid. just a guy writhing around playing drums to a rubbish cover on a show. i did say it was just my opinion.
[/quote]
I've got no problem with you not liking it, I'm not a fan either but the whole thing isn't about substance, it's about entertainment. There are drummers who've been doing that kind of thing for years, with all the stick tricks and stuff.This guy has just taken it to an extreme. In that clip, by being out front, he's meant to be the focal point and it has absolutely nothing to do with his playing. It's like watching a footballer doing keepy-ups on his own.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1408033854' post='2526487']
It is disgraceful that the power of music to change society and address the profoundest of issues can be diluted by cheap hawkers of 'fun' and 'entertainment'.

For a truly searing social indictment we must turn to Mr Bob Blackman's performance of Mule Train with tin-tray percussion. The whole vid only lasts 88 secs but those pressed for time can bathe in his unbending indignation at about 0:33

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8IbvVTXOIo[/media]

[color=#ffffff].[/color]
[/quote]

Aah, I see you are a connossuer (sp?) of the true classics.
They don't make 'em like that any more! :lol:

If it is the same guy as has been doing the rounds, I wouldn't like it especially if detremental
to his playing....

Now.... this guy is a whole different keetle of fish..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muisPg2ti8Y

watch to the end...

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.