Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.8, Surrey, Saturday 1st November 2014

silverfoxnik

Thx to [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif](Hamster) Colin and (Silverfox)Nik for arranging the No 8 bass bash,good to meet up and chat "bass stuff".[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Playing bassmansteve's P bass through the combination of OBBM's Mesa Boogie Prodigy and a Berg CN212 was something to make your credit card run for cover.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Great comparing bass guitar cables (Lava and Phil Jones cables) with a Line 6 radio system with Steve's (Hen Barn) Kingbass- EBS - Vanderkley cabinets. :)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Had to leave at 2:30 so missed the amp test :0([/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Look forward to bluejays pics. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

And may I add, if you want to hear where that amp shootout bassline came from, head over to the BC (re)mixing challenge and you'll hear BCers' remixes of the original song by the band I'm in, London Zulu. Then you'll really hear how out of time I played it :D

If you're interested, the bass you heard going through the rigs was recorded to Logic 9 direct from a POD X3 LIVE, the patch was a modelled Acoustic 360, generic 1x18 cab with a U47 room mic, a touch of reverb and compression. Bass was a 1983 Fender USA Standard Jazz with a maple board, neck pickup only, tone and volume full up.

Listen and vote here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/244967-remixing-challenge-voting/"]http://basschat.co.u...allenge-voting/[/url]

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1414866893' post='2594195']
A great day. So lovely to catch up with some folks I haven't seen in a while and to meet some new faces.
Bass players are such cool people. And Paul the Drums is awesome. :-)
[/quote]
Oh yes - a great event. Well done to everyone who organised and presented.
Yes - Paul on drums was great.
When's the next one!?

Home; a chance to unwind and relax now after a great day!

Thanks to everyone who came along and made it such a success..

In particular, Hamster & Mrs Hamster for looking after us so well. :)

Also, Jack for such an invaluable talk, bluejay for keeping us all connected and looking our best.. Paul for keeping us grooving in the Jam Room. Plus Roger for treating us all to a go on those amazing DBs of his. I actually managed to do an F maj scale on one of them and am still in a state of shock as a result!

And I'd like to thank Ian, Steve, ChiMike and everyone else who helped out with the Solid state Vs Valve Amp Shoot out.. It was a bit of a blag to be honest, but we got there in the end - didn't we??

Anyway, as ever, it was great to see some good friends again and make some new ones..

Here's to next year! :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1414880686' post='2594399']

And I'd like to thank Ian, Steve, ChiMike and everyone else who helped out with the Solid state Vs Valve Amp Shoot out.. It was a bit of a blag to be honest, but we got there in the end - didn't we??

[/quote]

As much of a blag as it was, it was good to discover the core tones of a wide range of amps. I bet there's not a music shop in the country where you could hear such a varied bunch!

Looks like a great time was had by all and my thanks of course to everyone involved. I know how much time and effort it takes to organise one of these and I say it every year - meets like this really help bind together the community.

Sorry I couldn't make it this year but if it's any consolation at all, I did have a haircut today.

Cheers
ped

Got back safely last night. Super knackered after a five hours in the car in total, but super day yesterday catching up with old friends and having a good natter with whole new ones. Got to jam with Paul and generally have a great time

Thanks to Nik and Colin for putting on the bash, and to everyone who contributed. The Pilates workout really limbered me up. Must say, even after lugging stuff about, had a fantastic nights' sleep :)

Looking forward to the Herts bash and SE Bash 2015. Maybe we'll come up with a different gear shoot-out? Can't wait!