Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.8, Surrey, Saturday 1st November 2014

silverfoxnik

[quote name='aud' timestamp='1415225639' post='2598246']
My first visit to a Bass Bash, I was nervous of coming along but enjoyed the afternoon
Thanks, Audrey
[/quote]

Glad you enjoyed it. I noticed you admiring the double basses. I was going to introduce myself but didn't manage to before you left.
Hope to see you again next year, and have a chat. Us girls should stick together! :-)

Shelley

2014 Bass Bash accounts:

Income

Raffle - £126
Tea, Coffee & Cakes - £104.80
Door - £330
Total - £560.80

Expenditure
Tea, coffee, cakes - £24.80
Hire of venue - £200 (to be confirmed upon receipt of invoice)

Total - £224.80

Approximate profit - £336.00

Edited by Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1415315121' post='2599247']
2014 Bass Bash accounts:

Income

Raffle - £126
Tea, Coffee & Cakes - £104.80
Door - £330
Total - £560.80

Expenditure
Tea, coffee, cakes - £24.80
Hire of venue - £200 (to be confirmed upon receipt of invoice)

Total - £224.80

Approximate profit - £336.00
[/quote]

Thanks Colin! That's great news... :)

In terms of what we might do with the profits., we discussed splitting it between these three causes;

Prostate Cancer UK
DEC Ebola Crisis Appeal
Enable Me

Hope everyone is comfortable with those choices, but if not, please feel free to suggest some alternative suggestions.

For those that don't know, Enable Me is the charity I work for and it aims to raise disability awareness and provide opportunities for disabled people to fulfil their potential.

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1415343483' post='2599335']
Thanks Colin! That's great news... :)

In terms of what we might do with the profits., we discussed splitting it between these three causes;

Prostate Cancer UK
DEC Ebola Crisis Appeal
Enable Me

Hope everyone is comfortable with those choices, but if not, please feel free to suggest some alternative suggestions.

For those that don't know, Enable Me is the charity I work for and it aims to raise disability awareness and provide opportunities for disabled people to fulfil their potential.

Nik
[/quote]

Colin and Nik, brilliant!

The chosen charities are cool by me also.

Great stuff, Nik and Colin :)
While I'm sifting through the pics from the bash, I feel I really have to post one of Chimike with his awesome, still unfinished amp/cab jobby. It's the one at the centre of the group photo above, and we had stuck on the amp a piece of paper with "Ped" written on it! :D

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1415385470' post='2599875']
Great stuff, Nik and Colin :)
While I'm sifting through the pics from the bash, I feel I really have to post one of Chimike with his awesome, still unfinished amp/cab jobby. It's the one at the centre of the group photo above, and we had stuck on the amp a piece of paper with "Ped" written on it! :D

[/quote]

Great picture by the way Silvia! :)

I managed to collect my raffle prize from Mick at the weekend.
Thanks very much guys, was a nice surprise to get that PM later that day, funny that I only mentioned a couple of options to Colin on my way out and if not re-draw it, managed to get my first choice.
Lovely stuff lol

Si

Phew! First draft of the blog is published, here: [url="http://wp.me/p2ZbyY-oz"]http://wp.me/p2ZbyY-oz[/url]
As always, I'm missing some names and possibly some info - post here or PM me if you'd like to see your name or your gear added!

I will work on an album of the remaining photos that could not be added to the blog, and add a link in due course.

Thank you all :)