Why become a member? ×

Match the bassist to the band quiz

bartelby

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1404820140' post='2495955']
8/10 also. Although since I count Snow Patrol and Coldplay as being completely interchangeable I think I can claim 9/10 ;-)
[/quote]

Very unfair on Mr Berryman. But ta very much for the heads up. Because...

... I got the full 10!!! BOOM!!! B-)

Always nice to see a mention for Jenny Lee Lindberg too(Pardon the spoiler!)!

Edited by indiegrungesound

7/10. I recognised Hooky, but guessed all the others. Was it the girl from Warpaint? I love their first album but couldn't tell you what she looks like.

All of the others (apart from Dusty Gibbons and one other, but I won't spoil it for people who haven't done the quiz) were a shot in the dark.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1404897389' post='2496713']
I would have thought that 4 of those bassists should have been recognisable to everybody on here.
[/quote]

True, but I wonder if they're the same four for everyone? I recognised five instantly; John Entwistle (hardly surprising), Tina Weymouth, Dusty Hill, Peter Hook and Bernard Edwards. Showing my age there, possibly... :D

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1404897643' post='2496715']
True, but I wonder if they're the same four for everyone? I recognised five instantly; John Entwistle (hardly surprising), Tina Weymouth, Dusty Hill, Peter Hook and Bernard Edwards. Showing my age there, possibly... :D
[/quote]

Yep, I got those no problem by recognition. The others:

1. It's not Alex James, and he doesn't look American. So he's from Oasis (plus he looks a bit, you know)
4. That looks like the curly mop of a random Stroke on the right
6. It's not Gurno out of Haim, I've heard of Warpaint and they have a mostly-girl line-up so it must be
8. It's not Mickey Dolenz on drums, and they're too foppish to be American. Not mod enough for the Yardbirds, plus I'd probably recognise their bassist
10. Bloc Party and Snow Patrol aren't "world famous" (and if they are they shouldn't be), and he doesn't look American

Bingo!