Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

15 minutes ago, bartelby said:

Far from their best. but also not their worst...

Their worst was really bad though. 

I see Metallica as being a lot like Foo Fighters in that they have some really brilliant songs but there's so much filler in between the killer tracks. It feels like they never abandon an idea, everything gets recorded. 

• Like 1

@Barking Spiders When I see Simple Minds mentioned I think of the great early John Peel sessions and also about the time they headlined the Leeds and Reading - I went to the Leeds gig - not specifically for them - there were just so many good bands on the bill that year - standouts were All About Eve, Martin Stephenson and the Dainties, The Levellers (I think) - it was a great day. Before SM came on there was a short video promoting the work of Amnesty International - it featured someone being held in a squalid cell, horrible food being shoved under the door, being hosed down with cold water and shouted at in strange unfamiliar language then… a letter is slid under the door of his cell… and some wag  in the crowd shouted “It’s your poll tax!”