Why become a member? ×

How do you store your bass(es)?

Skol303

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1392226820' post='2366220']
One in its case,which is hanging on the wall. The other hanging on a Hercules floor stand. The mini-Rocks know that they can gently touch anything on the bass, except for the tuners.
[/quote]

Can they touch the tuners as long as they tell you which one they've touched?

It's 1, 2 and 3 for me - some hanging on the wall, some on floor stands, some in hard cases. Come to think of it, the B2V is stood on the floor leaning against the storage settee arm as there's no [s]prison[/s] stand that will hold it.

I've got 6 hanging on the wall and the other 2 are on floor stands. I used to keep them tucked away in hard cases, but I find I am more likely to pick them up and play them when they are on show. The nice thing is, Mrs Bigjas likes the look of them so encourages me to have them on display :-)

Jas

[quote name='Bigjas' timestamp='1392290072' post='2366777']
The nice thing is, Mrs Bigjas likes the look of them so encourages me to have them on display :-)
[/quote]

Mrs C likes me to keep them on display for the same reason. I recently put a couple away in cases and was told to put them back out again... I am also regularly reminded by her that none of my basses are as nice looking as the 63 AV faded sonic blue P bass she saw in the window of wunjo's once, and that I should add it to my collection. :blink:

[quote name='Mark Dyer' timestamp='1392288800' post='2366759']
Does your wife have a sister?
[/quote]
Yep, please forward a current photograph of yourself fully dressed and a £1000 introductory fee to my address, no guarantees or moneyback service.

[b] [url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/17783-acebassmusic/"]Acebassmusi[/url][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2366692"][/url][color=#282828][size=4][b]They look great like that. What hangers are you using? [/b][/size][/color][/b]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]

[/size][/font][/color]
K&M 16295. The one holding the hollowbody at the end there is the same with deeper brackets. They have a different version also with nitrolaquer-safe padding.

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1392221900' post='2366141']

We have a 3 year-old in the house, so I'm currently considering wall hangers until he's a little older and his fingers are less sticky.

[/quote]

Think that's a lot further off than you're hoping, and as they get taller the temptation to touch the hanging basses will be very strong! Keep them safely locked away as even teens can be amazingly clumsy!

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1392221900' post='2366141']
We have a 3 year-old in the house, so I'm currently considering wall hangers until he's a little older and his fingers are less sticky.
[/quote]

Years ago, when I was much much younger, I moved to a new city to do a year gaining experience in industry, before I finished my degree. I had little money and until I got to know the city and where I'd like to live, I stayed in a house with another two students and a landlady who would cook dinner for us. We got along really well (but that's another story :P) and she often had her daughter visiting, who was my age and had a 3 year old boy.

One day I got home and I had the feeling that someone had been in my room. That was not unusual, as my landlady would sometimes take clothes we left drying outside and bring them in etc... but this wasn't it. It was something else... but I could not put my finger on it. I didn't give it more importance, until after dinner when I went to get my guitar (on a stand in a corner of my room)... and found a lollipop stuck on the back of it!!!

I was a bit annoyed but it soon passed when I realised it was just the lollipop and a couple of sticky fingerprints... and decided to ask my landlady if anything unusual had happened that day.
She was mortified! :lol:
Apparently the child had seen my guitar before and was mesmerised by it... this day I had left the door open, and one minute he was not being watched he got there. They thought they got to him before he touched anything, but... he left his mark :P

We laughed.

I wonder if he became a guitarist after all. :)

Foolishly. Was taking a wardrobe apart in the same room, one of the sides fell off & the corner just reached the bass, the cut is pretty deep! Lucky it wasn't the other side of the strings though really as it would probably have caved into the control area.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1392237855' post='2366413']
My guitars are on one of those 5-guitar stands. I use gig bags so they're in the bags, on the stand, bags are not zipped up so I can pull them out, but it means I don't bang them together when I put one back. ;)

[/quote]

That's smart ... never occurred to me.

I keep my 4 basses and 2 guitars on wall hangers and have done so for a good few years now. I've had no issues with 'storing' them this way and they all tend to get played (to a greater or lesser extent) as they are always to hand.