Why become a member? ×

Amplifier Covers

Skol303

They are highly thought of on BC. I've had two and they are very good. Don't expect flight case protection, more protection from rain, scuffs and light knocks.
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/192014-roqsolid-covers/page__hl__roq+solid__fromsearch__1
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/144376-roqsolid-cover-for-ashdown-drophead-lb30/page__pid__1308332#entry1308332

I've had several Roqsolid covers for amp heads. Good quality and will last. They are not the last word in protection - only a flightcase would do that (or leave the amp at home of course lol), but for preventing dust, scuff marks and lighter dings and scrapes they are great.

There are other cover manufacturers around, but Roqsolid seem to be the most popular around here.

Cheers

Geoff

I've bought multiple covers off them for amps and cabs, and every one has fitted like a glove and been perfect for handle holes.

Fully recommend them if you want something to protect against scuffs and scratches, but not being dropped off a bridge

And another one, I bought my 115 cover second hand, though my dad's bought new before and had excellent and fast service. I ended up going to them for the cover for my 1x12, they said a ten day turn around, I ordered Sunday night and collected it the following Thursday afternoon, and the chap running it is a super friendly guy.

There was a slight issue where the HX112 only has one handle, and I had holes for two handles in mine, I texted him and explained the situation and he told me to use the cover for the weekend to get me through my gigs, and then send it back to him and they'll refund the postage, then sort the issue and post it back to me FOC. Sent it back on the 11th, it was back within less than a week (although I only collected it today :lol: )

So yeah, top top marks for Roqsolid!

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1385044999' post='2283787']
Does anyone here have experience of ordering a custom-made amp cover from this company?

[url="http://amplifiercoversonline.com"]http://amplifiercoversonline.com[/url]

They seem to produce covers to order for just about every kind of amp. Prices look ok[i]-ish[/i] too.
[/quote]

Ahhh.. brilliant! Just had a look and ordered one for my new cab. I didn't know about these guys. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Another very happy roqsolid customer here, I went for the heaviest padding, the strap under the base and the pocket for a grille protection panel, they fit perfectly and look excellent, they even threw in some free branded plectrums with my order. My midgets never leave the house without their covers.

Yep they are Roqsolid covers - got one on my BFB Super 12T - fits perfectly - went for the strap underneath which prevents the cover coming off accidentally.

Only gripe is that it seems to be wearing through where the speakon connector is - this could be down to me sliding it on its back into the car.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='odysseus' timestamp='1387228773' post='2309713']
Got my ROQSOLID cover for my Big Twin 2. Perfect. Looks great in black with red piping, tough as old boots and fits like a glove. Money well spent! :)
[/quote]
Glad it fits ok, they used the measurements I sent them from mine! Phew!!

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1385296837' post='2286484']
+1 for Roqsolid. Brilliant.

[/quote]

+1 from me too. Got them to make up a cover for my Goliath Snr 6x10, really good quality cover - delivery time was a little longer than I was expecting but as this was the first Goliath Snr they'd done, I'll let them off with that! :-)

Edited by JPJ