Why become a member? ×

A great You Tube bassist with an amazing StingRay.

bubinga5

please keep your " its because its a girl sh*t" to your self. can't be bothered with it. got that out the way. ive seen this bassist before, love her playing. never seen a Sting ray with gold hard wear, HH, blue sr4 with a maple neck. ?? her playing is cracking. totally solid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XxkzCm-nrY

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.

Seriously, if you want her to be judged beyond being an attractive female, then I'd say she's someone who can play bass like fifty million other people can play bass.

Not a put down. She's fine. But what is she doing that everyone else in a decent cover band isn't doing? Answer: Looking good doing it.

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1383969921' post='2271444']
She's fine. But what is she doing that everyone else in a decent cover band isn't doing? Answer: Looking good doing it.
[/quote]
Pardon me, but I like to think that I look good doing it too!

I enjoyed it - it was well worth sharing...ignore the naysayers.

Edited by White Cloud

I was going to say something like 'love is blind', but you told us not to ;)

She's a decent player, but there's something in the timing and articulation that leaves me feeling completely unmoved. She's ahead of the beat in much of the phrasing and that makes it sound anxious, and there's little dynamics or finesse.

Sorry Andrew.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1383990435' post='2271541']
Hmmmm it begs the question 'Would the clip have been posted if she didn't have a nice top on?'

IMHO no, otherwise I can potentially find hundreds (if not tens of thousands) of youtube bassists playing along to songs!
[/quote]

Agree 100%. I've not looked, but I bet she's got no vids of her on a bad-hair day.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1383965270' post='2271440']
please keep your " its because its a girl sh*t" to your self. can't be bothered with it.
[/quote]

its because its a girl sh*t
Must admit I love breasts, but also dislike this particular use of them at the same time.
Other than that, I'm not critical of her playing, nor wildly enthusiastic. The vid did inspire me to try those funky lines though.

[size=4]No better, no worse than a lot of these type of LooseTubes videos posted,[/size]
[size=4]Although I tend to agree with what xilddx (Nigel) has said. [/size]

There does seem to be a lot of fascination with cover version posts at the moment.
I had this one sent to me the other day.
Warning - The Bassist ain't got a pair of jugs on show.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DRNgL76OLc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DRNgL76OLc[/url]

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1383990191' post='2271532']
She's a decent player, but there's something in the timing and articulation that leaves me feeling completely unmoved. She's ahead of the beat in much of the phrasing and that makes it sound anxious, and there's little dynamics or finesse.
[/quote]

My feelings also.

[quote name='DiMarco' timestamp='1383995144' post='2271615']
Haven't clicked the link but you must be talking about Marta. I like her vids because you can see she's having a good time playing bass. To me that is a lot better then most of those showoff hey-I-can-play-like-wooten vids out there.
[/quote]

Marta is great, this ain't a patch on Marta.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1383995701' post='2271625']
I couldn't watch the vid as it was removed by the copyright holder, but I checked out her version of Get Lucky. Plodding and uninspiring I'm afraid. I'm genuinely baffled how this girl in hot pants could get 300k hits.
[/quote]

Cus she luk pretty init.

I've already come across this girl's videos on You Tube a while ago. ( What?)

Her playing is perfectly fine and I enjoyed it ( I play just about all of those songs myself, as it happens ) , but nothing special . ..yet. She's still a young person and has got loads of time to progress. My own playing has improved a lot since I was her age , and I expect she will only get better , so good luck to her.

Regarding the Stingray , that colour combination with the gold hardware ect isn't at all my taste , and it seems like a very feminine combination to me , but it's all just a matter of taste . The bass certainly sounds great.

Yet again though , I cannot help but notice , as soon as any young girl picks up a bass she automatically becomes a sex symbol to some people. Why is this? This girl is perfectly presentable but I wouldn't give her a second glance in the street . I've heard of men having their beer goggles on , but bass goggles? Maybe women who are finding it difficult to hook themselves a man should forget about speed dating and getting breast implants and get themselves a bass, stick a video of themselves on YT playing any old crap and wait for the pervy comments to come flooding in . I bet if I dragged up and did a couple of playalongs, I would get some interest from horny men .

Edited by Dingus