Why become a member? ×

Paul Turner tearing it up...

louisthebass

[quote name='Mike' timestamp='1382431210' post='2251933'] Fantastic! Must catch these guys at some point. [/quote]

Couple of support gigs coming up (Shalamar at the O2 and Sheila E at The Bridge) but no headliners booked at the moment. Maybe sometihng looming in Paris :)

I saw them play Rhythm Stick live at the beginning of the year - great gig!

[quote name='miles'tone' timestamp='1382471653' post='2252657']
Nothing wrong with that, enjoyed it.
Some mates having a blast and playing pretty darn tastily.
No one here ever play a cover version of a song that's not been quite as good as the original or what?
[/quote]

Ha! That was my thought while reading the comments.

The problem with this song is that original was so brilliantly done that it's very hard to put a slight spin on it and have it sound any better. Plus, as MrF rightly say Dury's vocals worked far better than a more 'singy' singer.

But I reckon the drum and bass had it pretty well nailed.

Thanks for posting (even though I still can't play that bloody line and would rather not be reminded of it!!!)

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' timestamp='1382447892' post='2252228']
That's Dan. You might have seen him on tv last summer at various festivals singing with Dizzee Rascal. He was also a finalist on the X Factor
[/quote]
That guy is (was?) with Paul Turner in DotFunk also

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1382477185' post='2252763']
That clip got me watching Youtube for a bit and I came across this wonderful bit of Norman Watt Roy soloing at 1:30 and no slapping in sight :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCIWmldNbyA[/media]
[/quote]

yeah, a bass solo I actually liked :lol:

Really enjoyed that.
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]'Murdering a classic' ? certainly not, their own take on it for sure.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Although [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I can think of a few bands around at the moment, that indeed do murder their [b]own[/b] tunes (with ease)[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by lowdown