Why become a member? ×

If you had to make do with one bass - which would it be?

Black Coffee

I only own two basses (at the moment!) so it isn't as hard for me.

For pure enjoyability of playin it and the tone I get from it, my Bitsa P with Chromes on it and a Wizard Trad pickup.

If I had to do all sorts of gigs on it, I guess it would be safer to side with my Lākland JO5 as I get done work that occasionally needs the lower and higher notes.

I prefer the P though, I love it!

Schecter C4 (Diamond Series) with Hipshot xtender. Its been my main bass for 7 years through 4 bands. Haven't played anything that I'd swap it for.

A neck I love, 2 humbuckers with pickup blend, 2 band eq, great looks (IMO)

Edit- just googled them, can't believe how cheap they are now.

Edited by rOB

I have never played one but just for the look of it I would love one of those ACG all black basses best looking bass I have ever seen.
This one

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/215025-fsft-agc-j-type-4-string-in-grunge-black/page__p__2181559__hl__acg__fromsearch__1#entry2181559"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/215025-fsft-agc-j-type-4-string-in-grunge-black/page__p__2181559__hl__acg__fromsearch__1#entry2181559[/url]

Edited by Thunderbird

I'm honestly not sure which I'd choose - my USA sub 5 fretted, my USA sub 5 fretless, or my usa carvin bb75. they're all insane instruments.

I have a dirty suspicion that I'd choose one of the fretted ones - I owned only a fretless for years a couple dacades ago and that actually hurt me a few times in paid gigs.

Thing is, maybe once I'm done the mods to my carvin it'll be the most versatile bass I own, but right now it sounds SO much like a bright, middy, in your face, carvin, and I can't tune that out very well. My sub (essentially stingray) basses are actually more versatile imho with their single pickups and 2 band eq than my carvin is with two pickups and an additional blend knob. But once I'm done adding a vari-mid to the carvin and some passive tone switches (which will work with the active electronics), I'm hoping to be able to say that my desert island bass would be my carvin.

Then there's my hagstrom 8 and my ibanez btb 6.... but they're each more effort to think about and play and with less touch sensitivity in the tone department... I guess...

ok I'll say a qualified Carvin bunny brunel 5 string, if my mods turn out great. Otherwise my USA Sub 5 fretted (probably).

if I'm only playing for myself, not for other people, probably the fretless USA sub would be my desert island bass though.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1378394157' post='2199637']
My Sei Original 5 headless fretless, or I could be tempted to a Flamboyant equivalent.
[/quote]

Ditto (Sei Original)... or my Status S2 Classic throughneck... I'd have to have a Bass-Off to decide!

im sure people are just saying what there favorite bass is. ok ive done this. :D[size=4] but after playing an XJ series Xotic 4 i really think you couldnt need anything more tone wise.light weight, fantastic erganomics, there a revelation preamp wise. might not be to everyones taste is the jazz bass shape.[/size]

Edited by bubinga5