Why become a member? ×

Some people may remember me asking about blue tuxedos...? Video content!

EBS_freak

It's not often I'm lost for words, but this video is way beyond good.
Playing is top notch.
Angle shots whilst playing are great and well timed.
Costumes are great.
Video production - including the setup/soundcheck timer - is very professional.
VW looks great and adds an extra dimension (even though, due to being an ex splittie owner, I now hate the things with a passion).

Well done. You deserve a lot of success.

CB

Thanks again - I'm glad it seems to be being well received.

There was a load of work before this was even shot, obviously during the shoot and post shoot - the storyboarding, getting the venue, getting the lighting right both out and about and during the performances, getting a stage built, the van, getting the locations to film the van (e.g. off the motorway bridge, the petrol station), getting the clothes made, sourcing the poker visors and getting the shoes made to match the tuxedos... then getting the video shot itself.. getting the raw sound mastered, then there was the long task of getting the post video shoot edit done. Madness! (I'm sure I've missed stuff out of there)

You have to please every member of the band - like dropping the shot where somebody was caught picking their nose etc... I think everybody comes across well in the video - especially the guitarist who is too cool for school.

Personally, I'm a bit anal with regards to getting things right, so I suppose I should say thanks to Josh and Adam at FPM, for humouring me/us... for example I was sitting there agonising over the end credits and logos for ages - that was just one bit! They didn't let on but I'm sure the band sending little requests for tweaks to the edit became a bit tiresome!

The good thing is, the band shared the same vision, the video guys were really enthusiastic and bought into it, infact, everybody input to it and that helped us a lot I think... plus it was great fun making, despite the many hours it took.

Pete - man, you could dep for me I'm sure! I'm not sure I could dep on your double bass though!

I still can't believe that they closed half the petrol station for us to film that one scene!

PS - a shorter edit is in the works.

Edited by EBS_freak

Yea its a great promo vid, you have just made me revalue the way it should be done.
there are so many band promo vids on a stage miming to songs with no audience.
you get a real feel of the characters in your band this way, so much more personal.
well done it inspires me with ideas for one for my band.

the first thing that got me was i really thought that was one of my old dub's, i had to check the reg,
nice. B)

Edited by funkgod