Why become a member? ×

Your coolest record.?

bubinga5

My sister played David Bowie earlier, it was Lets Dance, she thinks that is the coolest record shes ever heard. we often get into discussions about music, this is possibly the coolest record ive ever heard, and for the record, i would so smoke you on the bass bitch. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBjotAV39vA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBjotAV39vA[/url]

I guess it's my original pressing of Public Image by Public Image Ltd, nothing rare or special about it but to me cool because it was the first record I actually chose to buy rather than something my parents brought for me (Convoy by C W McCall!)

Not sure ...are these cool? ...you tell me...

Marquee Moon ...Television 12" single .....and I have the album.

Camebert Electrique ...Gong .....1st 50p album on Virgin

Cool to me ....Hogwash ....Groundhogs,first Album I ever bought,original tripple fold sleeve ....I thought Pete cruickshanks' Zematis bass was the coolest looking bass ever!!

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1374419920' post='2148498']
I wouldn't call it "cool" (because I'm not 15) but one of my favourites is my Vinyl copy of Talas' "Sink your teeth into that" that is signed "To Rhys from William". :)
[/quote]

Surely things can still be cool once you are over 15 years old?

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1374419920' post='2148498']
I wouldn't call it "cool" (because I'm not 15) but one of my favourites is my Vinyl copy of Talas' "Sink your teeth into that" that is signed "To Rhys from William". :)
[/quote]

Great that he found the time to sign that for you , what with his helicopter flying duties and the baby being nearly due .

I still have tons of vinyl. Not sure what's "cool" though. Could it be something from my stack of 70's dub - [i]The Best Dressed Chicken in Town[/i], perhaps? Or perhaps some Professor Longhair? I've got a Sun Ra disk somewhere - no idea of the title. Or maybe the classic Gerry Anderson story LP "A Trip to Marineville" / "Thunderbirds Are Go". There's an EP of nursery rhymes in there somewhere featuring the voice of Boris Karloff, among others. But perhaps pride of place in "cool" terms is the album of Russian Folk songs performed by the Red Army Choir: "[i]Kalinka![/i]"

Probably 12" of Bowie's punctuation-heavy "Heroes"/"Helden" b/w "Heroes"/"Héros"

runners-up:
JAMMs "Whitney Joins The JAMMs" promo
Dread Zeppelin "Un-Led-Ed" picture disc LP
PMac "We All Stand Together" pic disc 7"