Why become a member? ×

Your coolest record.?

bubinga5

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1374398834' post='2148257']
I guess it's my original pressing of Public Image by Public Image Ltd, nothing rare or special about it but to me cool because it was the first record I actually chose to buy rather than something my parents brought for me (Convoy by C W McCall!)
[/quote]

Was gonna say exactly the same. In the newspaper style cover. Love it

I've got loads of very rare electronic dance music on vinyl, most of which few people here would have heard of judging by what's been posted [i](that's not meant to sound snobby!... eg. original dub-plate of 'We Are IE' by Lenny D Ice, reputedly the track that kicked off the drum'n'bass movement, limited to 50 pressings... anyone? Nah, didn't think so ;)).[/i]

So to fit with a more recognisable 'cool' vibe, maybe Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (original copy, 1973). Or a Nirvana 10" interview picture disc ([url="http://www.gemm.com/store/MAMMA/item/NIRVANA-INTERVIEW-UK-LTD-INTERVIEW-10-PICTURE-DISC-10-LP/1432530095"]this one[/url]).

But ultimately, my all time coolest of the cool is my Camberwick Green / Trumpton LP ([url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAMBERWICK-GREEN-TRUMPTON-2-x-1960s-LPs-Freddie-Phillips-Brian-Cant-/380573602628"]this one[/url]). Had it since I was knee high; still in mint condition and chock full of nostalgia. Well, I think it's cool anyway :P

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowest_temperature_recorded_on_Earth"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowest_temperature_recorded_on_Earth[/url]

Other than that, my vinyl album "Sunshine Possibilities" by the Famous Jug Band.

For me having vinyl of my band is the coolest thing. I have some great old soul, rockabilly and cool country but seeing your band name on a 12" vinyl ticks that box for me everytime. Failing that I have a Christmas album that Glen Campbell recorded that could be cool depending on your perspective ;)

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1374419920' post='2148498']
I wouldn't call it "cool" (because I'm not 15) [/quote]

I think "cool" is more a word that old duffers like me use rather than teenagers today. Bear jokes, innit?!?

[quote name='MisterFingers' timestamp='1374398290' post='2148251']
An original UA edition of Can's 'Tago Mago" (with the pocket sleeve)
[/quote]

You mean like the one my ex gave away at a car boot sale after we split?...not bitter, not at all.

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1374491239' post='2149221']
But ultimately, my all time coolest of the cool is my Camberwick Green / Trumpton LP ([url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAMBERWICK-GREEN-TRUMPTON-2-x-1960s-LPs-Freddie-Phillips-Brian-Cant-/380573602628"]this one[/url]). Had it since I was knee high; still in mint condition and chock full of nostalgia. Well, I think it's cool anyway :P
[/quote]

You win. It doesn't get any cooler than Freddie Phillips / Brian Cant. I have the complete Camberwick/Trumpton/Chigley on DVD.

[quote name='BurritoBass' timestamp='1374510033' post='2149531]
I think "cool" is more a word that old duffers like me use rather than teenagers today. Bear jokes, innit?!?
[/quote]

I meant I was probably 15 the last time I thought any record I owned was cool.

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1374524126' post='2149764']
My coolest record.....having 9 w***s whilst watching Basic Instinct when i was 14......oh right....not that kind of record!
[/quote]

Hence the title, Lord Sausage?

Probably the CDR sent to me by John Otway for my 40th birthday. John Otway and Wild Willy Barrett live at the roundhouse 1977. Copied and signed by the man himself.... If I ever get to meet Wild Willy, I'll be asking him to sign it too (along with my vinyl copy of their first album, also signed by Otway about 25 years ago)

Didn't know I had cool records at all, but nows I think of it, maybe the

Motorpsycho: "Hyena" / "Bonny Lee" - promo cds that came with the 3CD version of Black Hole / Blank Canvas.

It looks quite like a vinyl single, including a physical groove, but that's not the point. The point is the CD plastic is [b]all[/b] black, with no discernable metal layer anywhere, and you keep wondering how the feck the CD player is able to throw enough laser light through it, and however that light is even reflected by the pits and .. er .. non-pits.

In all of its simplicity, I think it's much cooler than any of my lim.ed. stuff with outlandish covers and the like.
This one does not shout. It just is.

best,
bert

I'm not a big vinyl fan, so don't have much and what I do have is mostly Motörhead. So I'm going to have to go for Motorhead's No Remorse with the leather sleeve, which I have on my wall, next to a 10" St Valentine's Day Massacre (I have the 7, 10 and 12 inch versions of that). My Motörhead Bomber album with the blue vinyl is pretty cool, too, and I'm quite fond of my white vinyl Iron Fist single.

I don't think coloured vinyl is cool anymore, is it?

Edited by KingBollock

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1374530792' post='2149890']
I don't think coloured vinyl is cool anymore, is it?
[/quote]

Being the proud owner of a 33rpm 7in EP of "The Tale of Benjamin Bunny" in BRIGHT RED (vintage c.1963), I beg to differ.