Why become a member? ×

Guy Pratt new signature bass

Guest markinthegreen

That shape without the hole I'd be very interested, I like the sliding pickups, just needs to be a bit cleaner ala Gibson, but it's Guy's bass and if he seems happy then awesome, Warwick aren't lining up to make me a bass.

I suppose it's an issue of that bass with the hole and knowing the price is going to be £3000+ Warwick do not make cheap signatures.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1371139199' post='2110413']
I like the shape but that hole looks totally arse.
[/quote]Indeed; surely they could've come up with a system where the hole was covered with a matching top with a slit in it for the pickups to connect to the rail (or 2 slits for 2 rails) and have the pickups 'float' over the cover behind. A work in progress I feel.

Love the shape, Love the idea of the floating pups, but he's certainly correct about the 'knocked up in your shed' look. As EZbass said, I would have thought a couple of rails and a smallish slit for the wire would be a better design. Its his bass though, and if he likes it, go for it!

It's just a bit poorly executed in terms of the appearance, I appreciate the function of it.

It looks like it had the Enfield super pickup in it, then removed; in itself serving a very similar purpose, if not a slightly prettier, and more versatile solution to the 'all basses in one' problem.

Well, as long as they're going to price it in the "knocked-up in a shed" price range, that'll be fine... :rolleyes:

Is it just me that thinks our friend Mr Phillips the Shed Knocker-Upper Supremo is even now scribbling down some notes from this video for his next custom project?

Two thoughts.... do you not think the pickups would look a bit more stable on two rails instead on one?

and... isn't it refreshing to have a "sig bass" being something some pro actually wanted and was excited about rather than just a slightly different from stock bass?

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1371143422' post='2110494']
I don't buy the line that sliding pick-up's are The Holy Grail of tone control or they would all be doing it!
I've owned a couple of basses with some nice electronics that were capable of pretty much anything.
[/quote]

I don't think anybody suggested that they're somehow the holy grail, but there's no disputing the fact that it's going to add an extra dimension of control over the sound of your instrument.