Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2013 - 2 and 3/03/2013

Silvia Bluejay

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1361190898' post='1982403']
I am attending both days - my first time. I will probably hover about the place looking very awkward and be too embarrassed to speak to anyone or try anything out.
The credit card is definitely staying at home.
[/quote]

I was hovering embarassedly last year! My advice is to get yourself into some performances and Masterclasses - then you can just blend in with everyone else and don't actually need to speak, lol :lol:

Seriously though, no need for embarassed hovering this year thanks to ped and bluejay for arranging the 'BC Corner'. We can lurk around there and team up with people if we feel awkward about doing things on our own.

Cosmo - I'll add you to the list next time I update it. Will wait till I get a little batch to do together. :)

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1361190898' post='1982403']
I am attending both days - my first time. I will probably hover about the place looking very awkward and be too embarrassed to speak to anyone or try anything out.
The credit card is definitely staying at home.
[/quote]

Leaving the credit card at home only works while you're at the show...that won't make you safe...you'll get home with "[i]I need one of those[/i]" jumping around you head, you'll be straight onto this site and in the "For Sale" thread...

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][size=5]If anyone is interested, I will be demonstrating the HARTKE range of Bass amplification on Saturday 2nd March and would really like to meet up with as many Bass Chat members as possible.[/size][/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][size=5]Come over and have a chat and try out the gear on your way round.[/size][/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][size=5]Respects... BISCUIT :D [/size][/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][size=5][url="http://www.bassandbiscuit.com"]www.bassandbiscuit.com[/url] [/size][/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][size=5][url="http://facebook.com/biscuitbass"][color="#ff9900"]http://facebook.com/biscuitbass[/color][/url][/size][/size][/font]

Today's update:

[b]Saturday[/b]
Mr Fretbuzz
Hobbayne
Swanbrook
jcater
louisthebass
molan (BassGear)
bluejay
Rumple
ezbass
Acebassmusic
Dood (Hartke)
Lozz196
The Greek
Walman
Jimryan
seashell
rushbo
StephenYork
such
Clarky72
MoJoke(MarkBass)
Dmanlius
Jellyfish
toomey7
Cloudburst
Fat Rich
Raggy
jonunders and son
Barefootbassplayer
Rainbass
OliverBlackman
Cosmo Valdemar
BISCUITANDBASS (Hartke demo)

[b]Sunday[/b]
Swanbrook
jcater
Molan (BassGear)
Acebassmusic
Dood (Hartke)
irvined
such
MoJoke (MarkBass)
seashell
hen barn
Cloudburst
bluejay
OliverBlackman
Jellyfish
Cosmo Valdemar

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I've managed to uncover some guest passes that give free entry to the show, through Bass Gear in Twyford, and they are being given away via the Bass Gear Facebook page.

All you have to do is 'Like' the page and then send an email to BG as per the instructions you'll see there.

https://www.facebook.com/BassGearUK

There's no commitment to do anything other than to like the page & subscribe to the monthly newsletter so I hope I'm not breaking any rules (mods - tell me if this is a problem).

From what I understand there won't be any tickets. Last year, visitors were supposed to collect free tickets from certain stands, but this was scrapped at the last moment, and we were simply told to queue at the door of the auditorium or place where the masterclass or gig was happening. This is very likely to be this year's setup as well.

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='BISCUITANDBASS' timestamp='1361354877' post='1984856']
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][size=5]If anyone is interested, I will be demonstrating the HARTKE range of Bass amplification on Saturday 2nd March and would really like to meet up with as many Bass Chat members as possible.[/size][/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][size=5]Come over and have a chat and try out the gear on your way round.[/size][/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][size=5]Respects... BISCUIT :D [/size][/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][size=5][url="http://www.bassandbiscuit.com"]www.bassandbiscuit.com[/url] [/size][/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][size=5][url="http://facebook.com/biscuitbass"][color="#ff9900"]http://facebook.com/biscuitbass[/color][/url][/size][/size][/font]
[/quote]

Will you be demonstrating the HARTKE range of bass amplification on the BC Baton?

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1361579514' post='1988029']
From what I understand there won't be any tickets. Last year, visitors were supposed to collect free tickets from certain stands, but this was scrapped at the last moment, and we were simply told to queue at the door of the auditorium or place where the masterclass or gig was happening. This is very likely to be this year's setup as well.
[/quote]

This was on Facebook just yesterday, "[color=#333333]Can I just throw this out there.. If you wanna go into the main stage to see the live performances you will need a ticket. NOT the ticket you used to get into the show, a different ticket, but don't worry, they're free. It's just that we can't let everyone in the auditorium so have it ticketed. Get them from the main Bass Guitar magazine stand near the entrance. This also means exhibitors too! Sorry to be a ball-buster but you have no idea how many people we can't let into the performances every year cos of this so at least if you all know and can pass the message on! thanks! See you next weeeekeeend!"[/color]

[quote name='OliverBlackman' timestamp='1361612633' post='1988180']
This was on Facebook just yesterday, "[color=#333333]Can I just throw this out there.. If you wanna go into the main stage to see the live performances you will need a ticket. NOT the ticket you used to get into the show, a different ticket, but don't worry, they're free. It's just that we can't let everyone in the auditorium so have it ticketed. Get them from the main Bass Guitar magazine stand near the entrance. This also means exhibitors too! Sorry to be a ball-buster but you have no idea how many people we can't let into the performances every year cos of this so at least if you all know and can pass the message on! thanks! See you next weeeekeeend!"[/color]
[/quote]

Oh, good to know, thanks for that!

[quote name='andyonbass' timestamp='1361693798' post='1989256']
Whats the parking like around the venue these days? Just wondering whether public transport would be preferable? Or cheaper!
[/quote]

There's a multi-story behind the conference centre, I parked there last time I went (2011). I've just checked on-line, and the cost is £25 for a day if you pre-book.. jeez...

I regularly work in London and always come in from the M4, and park at Hounslow West tube station, which costs about £5 for the day, then get the tube in on a 1 day travel card for about £8

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1361699203' post='1989303']
I regularly work in London and always come in from the M4, and park at Hounslow West tube station, which costs about £5 for the day, then get the tube in on a 1 day travel card for about £8
[/quote]

Sounds like a plan! <_<

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1361701141' post='1989326']
Bear in mind that some tube lines are closed next weekend. I cant rememember which ones, although someone did post a link here somewhere.
[/quote]

Anybody know if this includes the stations close to the venue??