MarshallBTB
mushers and family
DogHammer and guitarist
jamie_k11
merton and friend
JonnyM
graham1945
wesfinn (Guitarguitar)

Well folks this is my final update, as tomorrow I will be travelling down to see the aged parent so won't have access to a PC. I'll be keeping in touch on my phone though - just can't do the copying and pasting from the phone.

So I look forward to seeing [b]everyone[/b] there, whether or not you are on 'the list' B)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1HwKA0J-gU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1HwKA0J-gU[/url]

Edited by seashell

I'll make sure to come say hi to all of you!

I'm also hoping to be able to keep tweeting on my netbook (haven't got a smartphone) from the venue. (They should have some sort of wireless service on offer, I hope.)
In any case, if you mention us on Twitter, please use the hashtag [b]#BCatLBGS[/b].

I'm soo looking forward to this weekend!

\m/ :D \m/

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1362086925' post='1995696']
I'll make sure to come say hi to all of you!

I'm also hoping to be able to keep tweeting on my netbook (haven't got a smartphone) from the venue. (They should have some sort of wireless service on offer, I hope.)
In any case, if you mention us on Twitter, please use the hashtag [b]#BCatLBGS[/b].

I'm soo looking forward to this weekend!

\m/ :D \m/
[/quote]I'm pretty sure there was free WiFi there last year, mind getting the Blackberry to behave was another matter!

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1362143118' post='1996351']
A recent bad cold has left me semi deaf in one ear, the one advantage is it means I might not need [u][i][b]ear plugs[/b][/i][/u] tomorrow or just one :D
[/quote]Ooo yes. Something else for the packing list!!

[quote name='Johnnyc' timestamp='1362145605' post='1996404']
Had no idea the LBGS was so close, if I can find someone to drag along, I, too shall be attending on Sunday =O
[/quote]

You don't need to drag anyone along..you can hang out with your BC chums! :D

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1362154796' post='1996557']
So the Baton will be at the London Bass Guitar Show tomorrow.

Who fancies stepping up to the plate and taking the bass home with them?
[/quote]

James, I'll be waiting for you at the BC corner (check out the meetup times). We can take a few group photos with the Baton, and then I'm sure someone will come forward to take it home.

[quote name='DogHammer' timestamp='1361802471' post='1991071']
Nice. As long as I get to see Andy Irvine then I'm happy. :D

And hoping that the Warwick stand is extensive. Still haven't tried a Streamer in left handed, wanted to hear and feel the difference to my Corvette, as was in 2 minds when I bought it!
[/quote]

I have bad news for us Warwick-mad lefties. Their stand appeared to be well ready this afternoon when I was at the show. They have a good number of basses there - but NOT ONE OF THEM LEFT-HANDED.
I saw a nice lefty Corvette 4 waiting to be put in place at another stand, and several lefty Höfner MacCartney models - but not much else for us. :mellow:

Edit: forgot to mention the Wood&Tronics lefty Barrie showed me, which is for sale at the Bass Gear stand. There will also be another lefty model at our stand, a Carvin, arriving tomorrow.

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1362154796' post='1996557']
So the Baton will be at the London Bass Guitar Show tomorrow.

Who fancies stepping up to the plate and taking the bass home with them?
[/quote]Could bring it back to Sussex for Friday's gig, but then I disappear for a week or so, so unless its taken on the night that might be a problem as gigwise I then have sweet FA :(

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1361797383' post='1990924']
Oooh, gonna be there on the Sunday with my lovely friend and colleague Faye (not a member on here... yet....)

See some of you there :)
[/quote]

Gutted I'm there different days!

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1362167489' post='1996792']
I have bad news for us Warwick-mad lefties. Their stand appeared to be well ready this afternoon when I was at the show. They have a good number of basses there - but NOT ONE OF THEM LEFT-HANDED.
I saw a nice lefty Corvette 4 waiting to be put in place at another stand, and several lefty Höfner MacCartney models - but not much else for us. :mellow: [/quote]

Can you recall whether they had any of the PS Star basses there? Looks like this[attachment=128850:282713.jpg]

Been gassin' for one for a while - Barclaycard on standby! ;)

Late update on stand layout :)

After some friendly negotiation with the organisers we've extended the width of the stand by a few metres and should have a nice big pop-up stand with a BassChat logo on. It's right by the entrance to the main hall on the left as you enter.

Even more exciting is that, due to a relatively late cancellation there's now a big empty area in front of the stand. Late this evening the organisers put four large sofa-type seats there. Might help give people a place to rest in between trudging around the stands :)

It's directly in front of the Bass Gear stand.

Also a quick plug to confirm that Jens Ritter will be around to chat to people at 15:00 on each day and we'll also co-ordinate with Dave Swift to come along around some BC meet times in case anyone wants to chat to him about the life of being Jools Holland's first call bass man for 22 years!

Looking forward to seeing you all there :)

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1362169170' post='1996826']
Could bring it back to Sussex for Friday's gig, but then I disappear for a week or so, so unless its taken on the night that might be a problem as gigwise I then have sweet FA :(
[/quote]

Go for it , there must be someone close gigging who can take it on, I am not sure that gig handovers are going to work in every case , but as long as the handover is photo'd and documented I reckon the spirit is good , Jim will have the definitive on this , but just keep it moving would be sound.

I would love to do the show but am gigging on Sat and off to the Welsh stages Rally on Sunday , on an invite, so I will wish all the BCers a great weekend , and hope the Baton keeps moving

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1362183913' post='1997033']
Late update on stand layout :)

After some friendly negotiation with the organisers we've extended the width of the stand by a few metres and should have a nice big pop-up stand with a BassChat logo on. It's right by the entrance to the main hall on the left as you enter.

Even more exciting is that, due to a relatively late cancellation there's now a big empty area in front of the stand. Late this evening the organisers put four large sofa-type seats there. Might help give people a place to rest in between trudging around the stands :)

It's directly in front of the Bass Gear stand.

Also a quick plug to confirm that Jens Ritter will be around to chat to people at 15:00 on each day and we'll also co-ordinate with Dave Swift to come along around some BC meet times in case anyone wants to chat to him about the life of being Jools Holland's first call bass man for 22 years!

Looking forward to seeing you all there :)
[/quote]

FAN-FRIGGIN'-TASTIC Barrie! I'll be in early - or, to be more precise, I'll be queueing from early so I can get in at 10am sharp - and set up the remaining bits and pieces. It's going to be unfeasibly awesome! :D :sun_bespectacled: :i-m_so_happy: :gas: