Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2013 - 2 and 3/03/2013

Silvia Bluejay

[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1360407148' post='1969836']
Add me to the list please :-) Never been to one of these before and will be traveling down from Scotland so for those 2 reasons I'll definitely make the mistake of intending to go both days. :-)

What's the done thing - do people generally bring an instrument with them or do we just wander around watching other folks play?

CB
[/quote]

They are now selling weekend tickets! Naughty of them, as they weren't available at first.

You don't usually bring your own instruments to the show, you just go there, enjoy the masterclasses and performances and wander around the stands GASsing like mad :D :gas:

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1360412892' post='1969949']
They are now selling weekend tickets! Naughty of them, as they weren't available at first.

You don't usually bring your own instruments to the show, you just go there, enjoy the masterclasses and performances and wander around the stands GASsing like mad :D :gas:
[/quote]

Thanks for that. I don't GAS anymore as I have all I could need. Famous last words. :-)

CB

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1360406262' post='1969823']
It's Saturday morning, I've just received my wages, actually remembered to order my ticket, got to the website and now the we wife's playing silly beggars and won't let me order one.

Where else can I get one from?
[/quote]If you're looking to go on Saturday, then possibly me as I think I [i]may[/i] have one to spare

Updated list:

[b]Saturday[/b]
Mr Fretbuzz
Hobbayne
Swanbrook
jcater
louisthebass
molan (BassGear)
bluejay
Rumple
ezbass
Acebassmusic
Dood (Hartke)
Lozz196
The Greek
Walman
Jimryan
seashell
rushbo
StephenYork
such
Clarky72
MoJoke(MarkBass)
Dmanlius
Jellyfish
toomey7
Cloudburst
Fat Rich
Raggy
jonunders and son
Barefootbassplayer

[b]Sunday[/b]
Swanbrook
jcater
Molan (BassGear)
Acebassmusic
Dood (Hartke)
hernandoitwt
irvined
such
MoJoke (MarkBass)
seashell
hen barn
Cloudburst

Let's hope for some nice weather. I'm gettin[b]g so [/b]tired of snow and ice now! :angry:

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1360763658' post='1976042']
You do know it's being held indoors? :D
[/quote]

Yes actually :P Just not looking forward to standing round on a freezing cold station platform on the journey.

Which reminds me of some further info for people who haven't been before. There is a cloakroom where you can check your coats in. So if you want to wrap up warm on the journey you won't have to lug your coat about over your arm all day! Or leave it on and 'not feel the benefit' when you go back out :D

(Heed this advice from old aunty seashell about wrapping up warm! Sometimes I am so rock n roll I surprise myself! :o )

This might be a bit of a stupid question, but it's for people who have been to these kind of thing before. Do the companies there tend to show their lower-than-top range of basses as well as high end? Specifically, I'm asking about Spector and Warwick as I'll have about £1500 to spend on a new bass, and have my eye on a Euro Spector or a nice Warwick, but I understand that they also do quite expensive models as well and am not too interested in those!

Also, I'll be there on Sunday. Perhaps not for long though, as my girlfriend will be with me and she's not a muso!

[quote name='Jellyfish' timestamp='1361139428' post='1981845']
This might be a bit of a stupid question, but it's for people who have been to these kind of thing before. Do the companies there tend to show their lower-than-top range of basses as well as high end?
[/quote]

In my previous experience many exhibitors cater for a very wide range of budget, so no worries, lots to see and play with!

Not sure if this has been already posted, I quickly scanned the thread and couldn't see a reference.....

There will be a lot of planned disruption on the tube on both the Saturday and the Sunday.
Worth checking here when planning your journey:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/track.aspx?offset=13

Edited by Platypus

[quote name='Platypus' timestamp='1361142024' post='1981908']
Not sure if this has been already posted, I quickly scanned the thread and couldn't see a reference.....

There will be a lot of planned disruption on the tube on both the Saturday and the Sunday.

[url="http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/track.aspx?offset=13"]http://www.tfl.gov.u....aspx?offset=13[/url]
[/quote]

Good call. Another version of the works calendar is here:

[url="http://www.tfl.gov.uk/livetravelnews/planned-works/calendar/default.aspx"]http://www.tfl.gov.uk/livetravelnews/planned-works/calendar/default.aspx[/url]

Luckily, there are several buses that stop right in front of the Olympia Conference Centre.

The ever-growing list:

Updated list:

[b]Saturday[/b]
Mr Fretbuzz
Hobbayne
Swanbrook
jcater
louisthebass
molan (BassGear)
bluejay
Rumple
ezbass
Acebassmusic
Dood (Hartke)
Lozz196
The Greek
Walman
Jimryan
seashell
rushbo
StephenYork
such
Clarky72
MoJoke(MarkBass)
Dmanlius
Jellyfish
toomey7
Cloudburst
Fat Rich
Raggy
jonunders and son
Barefootbassplayer
Rainbass
OliverBlackman

[b]Sunday[/b]
Swanbrook
jcater
Molan (BassGear)
Acebassmusic
Dood (Hartke)
hernandoitwt
irvined
such
MoJoke (MarkBass)
seashell
hen barn
Cloudburst
bluejay
OliverBlackman
Jellyfish

:)

[quote name='Platypus' timestamp='1361142024' post='1981908']

[url="http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/track.aspx?offset=13"]http://www.tfl.gov.u....aspx?offset=13[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks for that info - really useful. Looks like I sould be OK on overground from Clapham Junction.

Are you going on the Sat or Sun?