Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2013 - 2 and 3/03/2013

Silvia Bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1354893803' post='1891735']

Dan, if all else fails, we'll all gather at the Hartke stand, then! :D
[/quote]

That sounds good to me! It'll be so cool to catch up with everyone again! I'll probably be wearing BC colours :)

[quote name='TomKent' timestamp='1354866277' post='1891309']
It's an absolute trek to get there on time from Portsmouth - you're gonna be knackered before you arrive. I did the trip a couple of years ago. :(
[/quote]

Oh really? Why's that? i've never been that far south before, or really used public transport at all in england really. Worst part would definitely be that i have to commute by myself. :(

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1354896956' post='1891797']
Peter Hook giving a masterclass???? WTF!
[/quote]
Hmmmmmm.
Hope there is a spare amp for Jah Wobble. He managed to blow his up in about 10secs at last years Bass Day. His comment, "I am always doing this". Must cost Ashdown a fortune in replacing his gear.

Spent some time with Paul Turner this weekend in Hook End. He might show up, if they come back to the country on time with Jamiroquai (they plan to return on Friday night, before the show). It there's any delay, he won't come. If he does though, there may be a very special one-off product announced in a very unexpected booth... ;)

LOL Paul, you're probably thinking of Shelley, not me, as being good with organising. I'm actually a bit crap at this... :D
Having said that, it's just a matter of compiling two lists of attendees, but I'd suggest we do that a little closer to the date, when more of us have bought tickets and made sure we know how to get there.

In the meantime, my impression is that, up until a few days ago, the Bass Show had been promoted on the back of the Saturday performances and masterclasses, while now they are finally releasing the names of the Sunday guests. They probably want us to impulse-buy that second ticket at the last moment, and pay the full price :lol:

I got a very advance ticket for the Saturday, as I wouldn't miss David Ellefson for anything in the world. I still don't know whether I'll choose to go on the Sunday as well.

No, I think Bluejay's the organiser round here , lol :D

But I'll put a list together at some point of Sat and Sunday attendees. Not today though, I'm a bit busy.

I still haven't decided which day(s) to attend myself. I think I'll probably do both, but don't want to commit myself just yet in case anything else crops up.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1355229968' post='1895595']
I`m going to try and make this one. Bought a ticket last year, and very unhelpfully got another bout of rubbish tonisilitis the very week it was on :angry:

So to make sure I can attend next years, I had my tonsils out :D
[/quote]

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked a train from South Wales ...cheap... £12.50 to Paddington and £33 back first class .... Thought I'd need a bigger seat with the gear I'll bring back :-D I'm staying at travelodge London fulham if anyone is staying there and fancies a beer. PM me :-) £32 for the night...... Bargain and more cash for bass goodies :-)

I won't be going this time. It is a fun couple of days if anyone get's the chance. I met up with Stu Hamm and had a good chat about all things bass. and did an exhibition slot for Status. Would be cool if BC got a stand or something though. :)