Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2013 - 2 and 3/03/2013

Silvia Bluejay

You may be confusing it with the Earl's Court site.

[url="http://www.stracointernational.com/News/849/Olympia-two-refurbishment-completed.html"]http://www.stracointernational.com/News/849/Olympia-two-refurbishment-completed.html[/url]

And according to this article, it's all wonderful there... :)

[url="http://www.associationeventplanner.com/Venues/article/1169182/olympia-london-rebrands-following-30m-makeover/"]http://www.associationeventplanner.com/Venues/article/1169182/olympia-london-rebrands-following-30m-makeover/[/url]

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1363258491' post='2010498']
Just had a look at all the photos I took at the LBGS, but I don't have any of the Cort stand I'm afraid (probably didn't take any because there were too many people standing in front of it at the time). Sorry.
[/quote]

No bother, thanks for taking the time to check :)

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1363254173' post='2010387']
Bit of a shot in the dark here, but I don't suppose anyone noted what the microhead was in use at the Cort Booth?
I only noticed it in a photo on Facebook but I didn't recognise it...
[/quote]

There's more info on the other Show thread - in Off Topic I think. I can't be more helpful myself as I know the guys from Proel (Cort distributors) and have been sworn to secrecy. But it's all on here if you have a look. ;)

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1363263503' post='2010595']
There's more info on the other Show thread - in Off Topic I think. I can't be more helpful myself as I know the guys from Proel (Cort distributors) and have been sworn to secrecy. But it's all on here if you have a look. ;)
[/quote]

How very mysterious...

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1362334240' post='1998540']
Here it is!

Brubaker Brute MJXSC4. The new Singlecut import. Lovely electronics and fit and finish overall.

The action is pretty damn low, though might have to shim it to get any noticeably lower. The MM pup really sings in this. An excellent Musicman alternative. The hardware is rock solid. Either way its a nice entry into the Singlecut world, will I keep it? Who knows! Tom Richards (Who was the guy selling them on the Bassdirect stand) Was a lovely chap and I hope he enjoyed his stay in blighty!

The neck join is a real deep bolt on. Very interesting. This could be one of the first Brute SC's sold in the UK though I would have to get confirmation from Tom about that.

R
[/quote]
[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1362334597' post='1998544']
Ask your wife not to damage it too much as she beats you to death with it..JOOI what type of case will it come in if you bequeath it to me??
[/quote]

That deep-set neck joint was actually designed with spousal abuse in mind - Shockwave's wife can beat him with it as hard as she likes and the bass should be fine .

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1363541712' post='2013848']
That deep-set neck joint was actually designed with spousal abuse it mind - Shockwave's wife can beat him with it as hard as she likes and the bass should be fine .
[/quote]

That'll be a relief to him... :lol:

• 2 months later...