Why become a member? ×

AllParts UK worst service ever!

PauBass

Yes, that's my opinion after my last experience buying from them...I'll explain:

I was looking for some 50K pots with center detent for my bass, I had a look on the net and I found them on AllParts UK website.
They were listed as "in stock" and it was only when I was about to place my order, once on the checkout, that in said in small letters "out of stock"
I thought, let's better ring them and ask before placing the order, so I did and asked them about waiting and delivery times to be told " we'll get them in stock next Tuesday and you'll receive them Wednesday or Thursday...I was happy with the time scale so I placed the order.

The next Thursday arrives an no sign of the pots, waited till Friday and no pots so I contact them and again I'm told there's been a mistake and they will arrive on a shipment they have next Tuesday... I said OK, mistakes happen, I understand, I'll wait for another week.

Another week goes by and no pots!...I contacted them again and guess what I was told?... same story, "they are arriving next Tuesday"...I quickly pointed out that this was the third time I had been told the same thing and again I'm told "There's been a mistake" and I said one mistake not three mistakes so far.
....Fast forward two more weeks and I still haven't received the pots and every week I have been given the old "we are receiving them next Tuesday"

Yesterday I contacted them, again, I asked what was going on and if they were ever going to get my order right and get these pots in stock... I'm finally told they won't get them for another 5 weeks!!!!

I don't really understand what these people play at, were they thinking of telling me the same silly story for 5 more weeks?
A month and a half wasted with these people and no pots!... From when I first spoke to them I was told they would get the pots within a week and now, 6 weeks later, I'm told I'll have to wait for another 5 weeks...is this some kind of joke?

This is by far the worst customer service I have experience ever!
No replies to some of my messages and when on the phone they were useless and rude at times...I can't believe it!

Sorry about the rant but it has really pissed me off :angry:

I don't really understand Allparts UK. Everything is very expensive, and you'd actually save money by ordering from the States and paying shipping and import taxes. Plus, as you've found out, there's hardly anything in stock. Still really nice stuff though.

[quote name='umcoo' timestamp='1342776963' post='1740696']
I don't really understand Allparts UK. Everything is very expensive, and you'd actually save money by ordering from the States and paying shipping and import taxes. Plus, as you've found out, there's hardly anything in stock. Still really nice stuff though.
[/quote]
I don't get them either, for the reasons you state above.

Funny how experiences vary. I've bought a fair amount of stuff from Allparts UK and they've only messed up twice. On both occasions they sent an incorrect component - a truss-rod box spanner of the wrong size and - later - a jack-socket plate of the wrong shape.

Both times they told me to keep the parts (which I used on other projects) and sent me replacements within 24 hours.

In respect of delivery times, one assumes they're at the mercy of the US end of the operation and therefore tell customers what they've been told themselves. As with all these retailer issues, one's mileage may vary. I've bought regularly from most of the UK online parts shops (shopping around for prices is always fun) and they've all had problems at some point.

The good things mentioned on this thread are the only good things I've EVER heard said about Allparts UK... The next Tuesday excuse I've heard recently from a friend who ordered a set of valve amp transformers from them. He eventually got them from the US for about the same price including shipping, taxes, etc.

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1342784630' post='1740863']
Dr Tweek does good kit if you're after components, very reasonable prices too.

[url="http://www.doctortweek.co.uk/"]http://www.doctortweek.co.uk/[/url]
[/quote]

+1

Always had great service here and he's often ordered in components that he didn't stock on request.

I've had issues with them getting fender parts from the states.
The blend / balance pot on my mij p lyte's shaft disintegrated, and needed a replacement.
Despite ordering and getting the out of stock reply, this went on for a couple of months.
It only got rectified when I spoke to someone on their stand at a trade show. Once I spoke to them it was delivered at the agreed time.
It's a shame that they are the 'proper' fender spares people

I ordered some stuff from them and they sent the wrong things and then proceeded not to respond when I complained.

I wrote to the USA who told me to return them and they'd make sure my money was refunded.

I then ordered the same parts direct from the US and they turned up, correctly, very quickly and cost less!

[quote name='umcoo' timestamp='1342776963' post='1740696']
[/quote]
This - and unless its a big item you will rarely pay import tax. Its a lot quicker getting the stuff from the US too!

...yes, of course I did cancel my order..but I have already los 6 weeks waiting for the pots.

Not sure I have mentioned but most of my emails were not answered and when on the phone the staff's attitude was appalling, no interest whatsoever and rude in some cases...definitely not buying from them again!

Now, where else can I find 50K pots with center detent, please?

I had the same problem with Dolphin Music over a replacement scratchplate for an OLP that id sold. Ordered it as IN STOCK AND AVAILABLE, expected delivery with 48hrs (paid extra for it) and 5 days later when it hadnt come (and the buyer was getting at me) I emailed them, and was told i would have it the following week. The following week came and i rang and was told "tomorrow" and then I rang the next day to be told that they actually didnt have any in stock when i placed my order and it would be about 3 months!!!! before i would have one!

In the end i found some bloke up the road from me that made them for less that the cost on Dolphin. FFS.