Why become a member? ×

AllParts UK worst service ever!

PauBass

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1342784282' post='1740854']
Funny how experiences vary. I've bought a fair amount of stuff from Allparts UK and they've only messed up twice. On both occasions they sent an incorrect component - a truss-rod box spanner of the wrong size and - later - a jack-socket plate of the wrong shape.

Both times they told me to keep the parts (which I used on other projects) and sent me replacements within 24 hours.

In respect of delivery times, one assumes they're at the mercy of the US end of the operation and therefore tell customers what they've been told themselves. As with all these retailer issues, one's mileage may vary. I've bought regularly from most of the UK online parts shops (shopping around for prices is always fun) and they've all had problems at some point.
[/quote]
I had similar issues when ordering a Moses jazz neck. Three shipments missed. Moses were apparently to blame because they might have been moving premises around then (according to Steve Moses) and when the neck finally did arrive, All-parts gave me a free t-shirt by way of apology.

It may well be that they get dicked about by US distributors because they're not a big enough client to be a priority if stock is a bit thin on the ground.

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1342814236' post='1741533']
I had similar issues when ordering a Moses jazz neck. Three shipments missed. Moses were apparently to blame because they might have been moving premises around then (according to Steve Moses) and when the neck finally did arrive, All-parts gave me a free t-shirt by way of apology.

It may well be that they get dicked about by US distributors because they're not a big enough client to be a priority if stock is a bit thin on the ground.
[/quote]

Yes, you might be right Kiwi but they waited 6 weeks to make the phone call and find out, they could have done it way earlier!
Also no replying to emails and bad manners on the phone can't be blame on anyone else but themselves.