Why become a member? ×

I went to school with him . . .

Paul_C

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1329390883' post='1541624']
I went to school with Gary Numan.
And my cousin went to school with Jimmy Pursey.
[/quote]

I went to school with a guy who played both guitar for Gary Numan and keyboards on Sham 69's [i]The Game[/i] album!
P

Edited by NancyJohnson

From the age of 4 until I was 8 one of my best friends was a chap called Nick Hallam, now better known as DJ The Head from Stereo MCs. Unfortunately because of when our birthdays were we ended up in different years at junior school (he was in the same year as fellow Stereo MC Rob Birch) and drifted apart like you do at that age.

Other musicians that I was at school with included Bruce Wooley who wrote "Video Killed The Radio Star". Also the bassist from the Sundays was in the year below me.

My old drummer pal from school Gary Wallis went on to work with Nik Kershaw and then ended up touring as percussionist with Pink Floyd. He's now Tom Jones' MD - saw him on the BAFTAs the other night. Nine Below Zero were there a couple of years before me - my brother's teacher had to make the decision whether to stick with them as lead singer (Stan's Blues Band at the time) or stay as a teacher. He stayed. Also, any boxing fans may know of Mickey Cantwell and Billy Knight.

These guys:

[media]http://youtu.be/TiBI3A2WcrE[/media]

Obviously, they were the cool band playing Smiths covers and we were a bunch of oiks playing AC/DC covers, but we used to share each others amps and PA.

Edited by TheRev